Dying Light (I hope you liked Dead Island)

God I loved grappling hooks in Q2-CTF and LMCTF. I miss them. That alone means I’ve put this now on my steam list awaiting 50% off sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vW59CA2LL8 Spent so much time playing this…

The game starts at level 1 and there is a 30 minutes of linear tutorial at the start. It is good they skipped that for a demo. Game is fantastic, great atmosphere and gameplay. Sidequests are interesting, especially in the second half. Just when you feel like change of scenery would be nice, the game takes you to Old Town which is just beautiful. I can’t wait for the expansion, will be doing full second playthrough of original game as well.

I’ve noticed Paul_Cze is like a more enthusiastic version of me :) What he said.

I’ll definitely be getting this. I wish GreenManGaming would have one of their crazy discounts on this.

Indiegala had it for 50% off a while back, that was the lowest it has ever been. I am sure for Halloween you will see some deals on it again. :)

Right now they have it for $37. I think GMG had it for around $35 at one point. I’m hoping there will be a round of sales when the new DLC comes out. 50% off may get me to bite.

I ended up getting this and am planning on starting it. I got the season pass also. It looks like some weapon DLC was included. Is there any DLC that should be disabled because it makes the game too easy?

Edit: Also, is normal or hard mode recommended for a first play through?

You should be fine even with the DLC weapons, and I played on Normal and felt it was plenty challenging. Just wait till that first time playing at night. D:

Thanks!

The only thing that almost felt like cheating was unlocking the grappling hook(not DLC just a normal part of the game), but at the same time, its just so damn fun to use I just didn’t care!

Sadly, I never figured out how to use it and stopped playing as I got it.

You have to equip it like other secondary items like flares, throwing knives, grenades etc. The way it changes up movement across the maps and how you handle encounters is huge.

Thanks, but that I DO know :-) It was more in the gameplay I had difficulty using it!

Doh! Sorry. It does take a bit to get used to the range and you do have to aim right at an edge of a roof or overhang to get it right, but as I recall the targeting reticle at least changes to show you if it will stick or not.

I was just prompted to choose between Online and Offline modes. I usually only play games offline - Dark Souls 2 was the rare exception. Any recommendations for Dying Light? My inclination is to stay offline. Thanks.

Its just so that a friend can join you, if you let him - otherwise there is no difference.

It supports co-op I think, so if that doesn’t matter to you, I don’t think offline will cost you anything. Been a while now though.

It mentions coop, competitive challenges and Night Hunter invasions. I didn’t know if I was going to get invaded playing online, or if people were going to be stealing my supply drops.

I believe all of those only happen if you’re doing coop, so no harm in either online or offline if you’re just playing on your own.

Night Hunter invasions are when someone else can choose to enter your game at night as a special zombie and come after you. Since the population of the game is in a lull (I expect it to go back up when the expansion is released) the chances that anyone will invade your game is pretty slim.

I’d keep it in offline mode.