Dying Light (I hope you liked Dead Island)

My co-op group is running through this now and overall we are pretty pleased. We don’t do a ton of the side quests because of the stupid requirement that we all join the conversation to pick up a quest. Truthfully, I don’t miss it too much. We also all really like the parkour for the most part, especially now that we’re in the second area. We’re starting to get grappling hooks, which seems to simplify a lot of things but it’s still fun.

I personally really hate the first person melee combat and am thankful that guns seem like a regular option for me now. I actually really like the parkour kind of attacks, leaping off heads, drop kicks, running by throwing the people’s elbow, breaking legs with a slide… but when it comes time to just whack a mole, I really dislike it. I kind of hope a future dying light allows for at least pistols right off the bat to complement the parkour moves and attacks, letting me skip the melee. This isn’t unique to Dying Light, though, I just genuinely despise first person melee. In elder scrolls games, I only use a bow or maybe some magic spells. I use a melee weapon only when left with no choice.

Really solid game, getting a lot of fun out of this one.

Techland finally reveals where all thatelectricity in Harran is coming from.

Yeah I saw that yesterday, Kotaku covered the story.

Summed up, a drunk electrical engineer was playing the game and complaining that the electrical grid was not set up properly. :)

Also when in the hell is the DLC coming out!

Another proof of polish devs being the best.

Aye, those that don’t really suck ;-)

Seriously though - They rock so much! Who else would react like this to a drunken engineers rant?

Hah ha hah, good PR. They are knocking out of the park.

Q1 2016

Does this mean it now falls outside the period covered by the 2015 season pass? ;)

Smiley face aside, people have been asking about it, and Techland did respond.

Dying Light ‏@DyingLightGame 9h9 hours ago
Dying Light Retweeted Claus Pontoppidan
Yes they will. It doesn’t change a thing. The Following will be free for all season pass holders.

…so i was playing fallout 4 and thought, i really really liked Dying Light, Imagine if Fallout 4 used Dying Lights gameplay (the parkour stuff)…

Dying Light GoTY 2015! underrated imo. and has great drop in and out multiplayer. plus nothing beats the running and jumping in DyinG light its to DIE for ahahahahahahaha!

Fallout 4 is good too.

Hah. Playing Fallout 4, I was also wishing it had drop in/out MP and started to pine for dying light.

I think Technland should get the award for “Most improved game from their prior one” award. Can’t wait for the DLC.

Oh come on. Before it was all Why can’t Fallout be more like The Witcher and now it’s Why can’t Fallout be more like Dying Light. Give them a break.

But really, Why can’t it be more like Tomb Raider?

Poor fallout :-D

If Fallout had writing quality of Witcher and gameplay/movement quality of Dying Light, it would be in the running for the Best Game Ever ™, alongside Witcher 3.

Techland thinks The Following DLC is good/big enough to charge more for. DLC/Season Pass price is going up on Dec 8th, so if you don’t have it and you want it, you may want to pick it up soon.

GMG has season pass for $16, after using the voucher SAVE20-WTHGMG-NVMBER.

In other news, I teared up reading this

That’s a great story. Sad, but good.

Enhanced Edition has been announced, coming Feb 9th 2016.