Dying Light (I hope you liked Dead Island)

Really loving the buggy in this, decked mine out recently, UV lights at night are so nice.

God dammit. Making me want to play it, but I want to finish Rise Tomb first. That crossbow looks fun.

Some of these side missions are great, also they are expanding on stories that were from the main game.

Also really like how some safe houses are set up as part of missions or radio calls for help. :)

OK, So I rented this on PS4 when it first came out and I hated it. I hated stressing out at night and not being able to find/sneak past the bad guys and I hated trying to parkour with a friggin thumb stick. I liked the idea of the game, but the controls for me were just a struggle. Now, with a mouse and keyboard I am enjoying this game much more. I actually like how “free range” the parkour is with mouse controls, and how you aren’t locked into moves like an Assasin’s Creed title. Having a lot more fun this time around.

Also, this game plays fantastically ultra wide 21:9, which is my new metric for game lovin’.

I finished up my XCOM 2 campaign so I’m thinking’ I ought to install this and check out the expansion.

Started a new game and I’m something like level 18/14/15/-- well into the main story. I hate the platforming bits and I’m not sure if I’m even going to try to beat the game as I’m aware of what’s awaiting me there. Not sure how my survivor level eclipsed everything else as they were more or less even for awhile; O think it’s because I’m pretty dogged about tracking down supply drops.

I just realized I have no idea what I’m doing anymore…

That’s likely how I’ll be feeling once I get back to the game. I started playing it co-op with a couple of friends several months ago but the playthrough was cut short roughly halfway into it due to them having a baby. I think I’m going to go ahead and start up a new game soon, this time on hard difficulty, as it seemed a bit easy before.

I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about The Following.

I just finished up the story and I didn’t like The Following nearly as much as I thought I would. This is surprising because I thought I’d like the countryside setting more than the city. The scenery was beautiful. I have no complaints about that. Without any spoilers, here are some thoughts:

1- I liked the story of the first one a lot more. Sure it was kind of B movie characters, but I liked the snarkiness of the main character. Some of the quests had some humor and the over-the-top villain was easy to hate. It was action movie fun. Much of the story in The Following kept my interest, but let me just say there was something I hated.

2- After not playing in a long time I had forgotten my skills and stuff. I liked starting weak in the main game and building myself up. I just stuck with the basics in the DLC.

3- I don’t remember being able to avoid so much fighting in the main game. Sure there was a lot of instances where you’d just run like hell, climb up some buildings and get away. I also remember fighting a lot more. I am a player of least resistance and if I can get through an area without fighting I will. There were different big baddies in the DLC, but I didn’t even fight them at all. Yes, this is my choice - but the game just didn’t give me any reason to fight them.

4- I tend to not like driving in non-driving games that much. Like real life I just see it as a means of getting from point A to point B. It’s kinda weird I’m like that because I do like racing games. In The Following, I had to do a lot of driving and there wasn’t a lot to make that driving interesting. Running over a horde of zombies for the 50th time just doesn’t entertain me.

5- There was at least 1 time where you need to make a big climb and boy does it feel clunky. Especially after playing Rise of the Tomb Raider.

So it was kind of nice being in the Dying Light world again for a little while, but I feel a bit let down. Maybe it’s a bit of, “It’s not you, it’s me.”, I don’t know. I think it all just felt a bit hollow to me. The story took me about 15 hours.

Me too. Makes me qualified to discuss subject matter.

Me too. I used a previous save with all three classic skills maxed. (25/24/24) After playing around for an hour or so, (and visually rechecking the key bindings to remember what keys are used and for what) it all came flooding back. This is really a non-issue if correct procedure is followed.

Why not use the existing save? Don’t have one? That’s your fault.
(Furthermore, one could even argue that since it’s DLC, one should, in theory, continue using an established character.)

Are you insane or simply dense? Countryside. Countryside. Large open spaces.

Scene Four, Take two; Are you insane or simply dense? Countryside. Countryside. Large open spaces. You can now avoid most “obstacles”. COUNTRYSIDE!!

Translation; I am a big pussy.

First, we need to establish which “big daddies” you are referencing. You must mean the really big ones with names and red health bars. It can’t be Demolishers, since they existed in the core game. Either way, both give “reason” to engage and conquer them. Some of the named types guard safe houses. IIRC, at least one was part of a story based mission. (Additionally, they all give unique new blueprints upon death.) If obtaining a new safe house is not reason enough for you, you ought to stop gaming and read instead. Do you read?

Demolishers often appear via random events as you traverse the countryside. Killing them gives much needed XP, which goes towards increasing levels for the new Legendary perk. Killing them also gains you money/blueprints from the thankful survivors you saved. Finally, killing them is fun. I often play with them. I let them rush me and strafe out of the way at the last moment. It’s like bullfighting - but with Demolishers. Yes, it does help that unlike you, I am a player of most resistance. I like to resist. I probably shouldn’t tell you this, lest you faint, but do you know what I “now” do for fun? I go out at night and make noise. I want to be rushed by volatiles so I can kill them. This obviously includes the new and tougher (no more camo “tricks”) spiked “dark” volatiles. I take great pleasure in now engaging in this nightly ritual. I wonder though, do you even dare to venture out of safe zones at night?

Should have used an existing save that grants you the grappling hook. Though I have to wonder if you even got it during your core game play.

The only reason I checked out this thread was that Rachel wss the last person to post here.

I was not disappointed.

Thank you, sincerely, for your kind words of encouragement and support.

Kiss me, you fool!!

I really enjoyed the Following. Usually I’m not one to go back in and play a game once I’ve finished the story, but I’m looking forward to getting back in and messing around with the missions I didn’t finish and poke around in the areas I didn’t explore. I carried over a save and by the time I finished up I was 24/18/24/1. I thought the crossbow was a great addition and some of the new guns were really fun to use too. Had a great time doing some co-op with LordKosc and I have to imagine that getting out there with a full group of four, buggies blazing across the land would be pretty awesome.

Indeed, we must play again, perhaps this weekend. My buggy is almost totally decked out, and I got some sweet hippy paint the other day for it. :D

I was very jelly of your auto shotgun when we played, so I made it my mission to get one. The rooftop gas station vendor was selling an orange at one point for like $24k , I said to myself SPARE NO EXPENSE! I much prefer it to the police rifle I had been using.

I’m up for it! And yes the auto Shotty is amazing. The range is really short, but up close it’s hard to go wrong with it. I’ve started putting work into my buggy after seeing how much tougher yours was. So far it’s fully armored with the upgraded nitro and the basic ramming bar.

Yeah I am working towards the electrified cage for mine, can’t wait!

I also came across military spec upgrades for the suspension and I think tires, the suspension one I am using now, and it makes driving over stuff so smooth. :D

Continuing support throughout the year and new content coming!

so, I’m 21/15/19 survivor/agility/combat. I’m at what I think is the last quest, even though it says I have 75% story progression (i;m to meet Troy at the radio tower, and when the game starts I get a conversation on the radio about how I’m about to buy everybody more time as we’re going to contact the GRE).

I guess Agi has fallen behind in part because I grapple all the time. I barely have any quests left (mostly “collect medical supplies” or “fight lighter fuel” type stuff). I really want to get my skills leveled up and I’m not sure the best way to go about doing it. I haven’t done any challenges and clearly need to look into those. I don’t go out at night that often; I’ve tried some night runs lately but I find combat goes poorly for me; I get swarmed even on rooftops and killed. At survivor 21 I can find purple gear with 700+ damage which always gets upgraded (my favorite these days is impact). I guess I can spend time just running around at night and trying to get agility leveled. And there are always quarantines of course, of which I have done a few. Tips would be welcomed though.

I’m not sure peacedog. I think you’re leveled higher than I was when I finished the Dying Light campaign. There were a bunch of side missions I didn’t do and I minimized my excursions at night too, although I did venture out from time to time or was caught out doing a quest.

You gain massive XP from playing co-op as well with other people, and helping them in their games.