Dying Light (I hope you liked Dead Island)

I did some yesterday but I fear it mostly benefited my Survival. I wonder if there is an etiquette in jumping into games with much lower progression since you’ll be a dominant force who can do a lot of zombie killing without using weapons (and weapons you do use will be exremely efficient). Good suggestion though, I will probably do some more coop.

I’m having a mixed experience with The Following. Although the buggy’s well executed… driving places can be kind of boring. I also seem under levelled, or at least the ole machete is not cleaving heads the way it used to.

Stepping into the Following felt like a big jump in combat difficulty for me too. Doesn’t take long to find some nice new gear to help even things out some, though overall I felt the Following kept the combat consistently harder than the base game.

I have a little house of my own out in the countryside. I keep valuables in chests up in the attic. Lately though, someone has been stealing my stuff. Last night I was awoken by noises coming from the attic. I grabbed my shotgun and slowly went upstairs, inching towards the attic. I didn’t turn any lights on for fear of spooking the intruder. When I felt I was close enough, I switched on my flashlight and to my surprise, saw a dark volatile hunched over an open looted chest trying to grab something from behind it. I was staring right at it’s asshole. Ewwwwww! A split second later, I opened up with my shotgun. That volatile had several more assholes afterwards. I barricaded the attic window and moved my chests to the basement.

Hello?? Anybody there?

Aw, God!

Just finished this… I think. Very good technical execution of a bunch of things that didn’t really interest me.

As Rob above said, driving was… not that interesting, either being challengeless or being stuck on the wrong side of a gorge.

It was funny - one of the last things I did was fight a bunch of bandits in a big open industrial setting, and I"m like Noooooooo - I’ve been sent to Corvega Ironworks 19 times already…

Just finished second playthrough on hard + Following also on hard. It was quite hard, but overall it was a great meaty expansion, 25 hours it took (main game 45). I enjoyed the buggy, carmaggedonning never got old. Location beautiful, gameplay fun as always, sidequests good enough, and the ending was quite interesting. I like how polish devs do expansions.

And I finished up The Following, I really liked the ending I picked, took the cure from the mother. Then I watched the other ending on you tube. Interesting to say the least. I guess there will be a new main character in their next game. :p

I wish there was fast travel between safe houses and a few less fetch quests. Weapon durability could still be bumped up a bit and I wish crafting was limited to workstations, to add a bit more tense feeling when my weapons were worn down.

I sorta wanted a few more unique locations too, then again the DLC is pretty long, but the driving filler isn’t all that fun after 15-20 hours.

Overall, if you have the time and enjoyed the main game, pick it up some time.

Oh and one final comment, The Mother was totally not what I was expecting.

Eye tracking added to Dying Light.

It is a good game, no doubt there, but I am sorta tired of zombies. :(

Nice to see it still being supported.

This is pretty cool. I’ve kept it installed and go back every now and again to smash some zombies. Looks like the first DLC drop is new enemies. Looks like (living) members of some kind of paramilitary group.

Best zombie game ever, nice to see Techland realizing it and still supporting it. Would be nice if the last DLC was some mniexpansion seguing into announcement of Dying Light 2. In fact that is what I expect to happen.

Impossible!

Real zombie apocalypses don’t need Parkour.

-Tom

I enjoyed State of Decay but nowhere near as much as DL. I love its free running system, much more entertaining combat and strong, almost stalker-like atmosphere. They are very different games in their design goals though.

Horn tooting.

That’s awesome, it was such a good game.

Still going.

Makes me think of the time Tom and I played this. The dune buggy was a point of contention.

New event!