E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy

New on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/91700/

$17.99 during launch week. $19.99 normal price. There’s a 4-pack offer as well which brings the price down to $13.50.

Deus Ex meets Source meets L4D co-op via French indie outfit.

Seriously, this thing looks wacky and interesting.

IT’s a little bit Warhammer 40k (inquisition style), a little bit Shadowrun/Deus Ex. I’ve only played the initial mission so far, but I like it right now. Can’t wait for some co-op.

I think this one is too weird for most people.

If only there where a better UI and better lighting on the levels…
I think could be interesting in MP, as “friends against imposible lol odds, lol, wtf, wtf, wtf, wtf”.

i just bought the game so whenever it finishes i’ll leave some impressions. i think the willingness to show menu fiddling in a trailer pushed me over the edge.

That reminds me loosely of Torg’s Godnet setting. Looks like fun, but I’m curious to see more of the game beyond the FPS aspects before I jump in.

[Edit] Wait, there’s co-op? That greatly ups my odds of getting it.

I’ve not looked too deeply, but from what I can tell you can play the whole storyline and extra missions co-op. I’ve not yet seen any indication of adversarial MP in this yet.

Unless the storyline is truly ass-tastic that sells me right there. Dammit, as if I have time for yet another game!

I just bought the 4 pack. Anyone who wants a copy for $13.50, PM me and I’ll send you my paypal address.

I think the lighting is intentionally poor. One of the cyberimplants makes everything clear as day.

Anyone know how to quickly switch to a particular weapon? I know mouse wheel works to cycle through them, but when carrying a lot I’d like a hotkey and the standard numbers don’t do it.

Hnnngh. I get the feeling this won’t be as good as I want, but all that menu fiddling and giant stats list seduced me. Just got in on a 4 pack and I’m hoping for the best.

4 pack is done.

It is a pretty interesting game but damn the UI is just kinda weird.

How much of an RPG is this? 20 NPCs seems pretty low for an RPG, unless they mean 20 important NPCs.

Ugh. Horrendous AI, unintelligible text, poor gunplay. Regret my $14 purchase pretty terribly at the moment. I’ll give it a bit more time to see if it gets better, but damn.

I assumed it might twenty types of NPC e.g. soldier, medic, bear

Buyers remorse here also. The AI is truely APPALLING, its been a long time since i have seen aything as bad, the Shooter mechanics, well just arent that fun, or responsive.

Grrrr…please continue to post impressions…from the videos game looks like it would be a blast especially in coop. Holding off on the buy based on first impressions.

When you guys say the shooter mechanics are bad, what do you mean exactly?

I just played 7 ho… 7… 7 hours the game, multiplayer coop.

Is …different. At times feel like multiplayer deus ex.

Theres a limit of lives …shared pool, and some random missions, losing all the lives means losing the map. I have played in pubs, with people that don’t know how to play, so most missions where failed. Still theres something very special in this game. The way people spread, take different roles naturally, use different weapons, how the dinamic missions spawn.

The shotting and everything else is very rough, feels more like a total conversion. Is a very special game.

Since all your stats and gold is persistent, … maybe I can say is “Deus Ex MMO”… Theres no crafting, but theres investigations, that cost money and luck all the stuff. As you level theres a lot of things where you can level…

As soon as posible, investigate the medikit. Healing in a mission is a very important. Skill. “The repair a leg” skill is almost useless, as don’t replenish your health.

Thanks for the gif to illustrate that great things can still be accomplished on a bum leg.