E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy

Is this game worth $2.50?

It depends on your tolerance for unexplained game mechanics, janky shooting, and hilarious badly translated story. If you can get past that and enjoy the completely gonzo weirdness, then $2.50 may be worth it. Keep in mind that you’ll just be sating your curiousity. You will not be playing a good game.

Which is a real shame because it has the core of an amazing deus ex crazy dystoptian game

The answers to my question about respawn of enemies above do not fill me with enthusiasm. I kind of want to buy it, but excessive respawn can kill the game for me…

Is the game as bad and poorly-designed as the Giant Bomb quick-look makes it look? Seems like such a stupid-dense array of badly-implemented mechanics.

I quite liked the game despite the clunk and junk. I even liked the translation issues, it added to the overall weirdness of the game. I’ll take EYE over yet another brown shooter any day.

As far as respawn, that’s controllable via the in game menu, what was the problem with it?

I mean, I absolutely love the STALKER games and they’re obviously very clunky. But the gameplay systems were relatively well-designed and balanced. EYE just looks like some over-ambitious fans of games thought they could make an amazing game by just shoving in every single concept they could think of without remotely considering how to make it playable or approachable at all.

I have to agree from what I tried last night. It’s not a good sign when a game begins with asking you to watch 20 tutorial videos which the ones I watched did not really explain what was happening.

That’s pretty much what it feels like as well. It’s sprawling in size but lacking in quality. I got lost repeatedly, not because it’s especially complex but because every goddamn doorway looks alike. There’s a screen for research that propably does something important but there’s also an XP levelup screen and a money-based improvement screen. No clue what they do exactly and the game gives not one shit.

I dunno, if you don’t mind feature bloat and environments as bland as a syfy original show, go for it. It’s not good but it is a whole lot and maybe some of it amuses you.

This game is insane, I played it to bits and I loved it. I played it mostly in coop, but also did a lot of singleplayer.

Is a game with a ambition the size of a continent, the DO DELIVERS in more than half of that ambition. The price is that most things lack the usability and production quality of a AAA.

So think this game is a 10/10 AA title. No, I am lyiing here, … this game is 11/10, because everything on it is insane beyond the score.

This news is pleasantly unexpected. Free DLC is coming. 4 new solo/coop levels and PvP!

Battle Royal:
In this round by round competition, the last man standing wins. All other participants are enemies!
You start each round with a random weapon and armor. Your aim is to finish the game with the most possible points.
You get points when you kill an enemy and also, when you are the survivor of the round.
You are free to use one of your existing Avatar, including one from the solo.
Some of your PSI and cyber powers are deactivated in this game mode.

Team Artifact:
Team competition. In this mode, Jians confront Culters for the artifact control. To do that you need to:
Take the artifact and carry it to the enemy area.
If the artifact is in the enemy area, the round ends. A new one will start and players will return to their initial positions.
Each team starts with an amount of resurectors. You win the round when the other team runs out of resurectors. There are several ways to do it:

•Carrying the artifact to the enemy area.
•Killing an enemy.
•Hacking special interfaces.
At the beginning of the game, choose your team and character class.

Hey, that’s pretty cool. I realize this game was rough, buggy, and very niche, but I personally enjoyed it a lot. Would love to see a sequel.

I am so tempted to pick this up again after watching the review. I hear multiplayer is still going strong.

I really enjoyed this game, though I have not touched it for years. It is wierd as heck, with great character progression. “My legs are OK.” Heh.

Holy shit! Mobiglass!!

P.K. Dick meets Gene Wolfe, the interactive version!

I started this game. This is pretty damn weird! But in a somehow interesting way, like a fever dream.

And surprisingly it’s French! (I was totally considering it as 120% weird-ass Russian game).

You gain Brouzouf.
You gain Brouzouf.
You gain Brouzouf.
You gain Brouzouf.
You gain Brouzouf.
You gain Brouzouf.
You gain Brouzouf.
You gain Brouzouf.
You gain Brouzouf.
You gain Brouzouf.
You gain Brouzouf.
You gain Brouzouf.

Pretty fun game though.

That is a great description for the game. Despite being a buggy mess at release and not really being a great game in its own right, I loved it. It was just so weird and oddly enthralling.

I loved this very strange game. It’s a nice hybrid shooter-RPG with tons of style. Also, some bugs. Also, it constantly reassures you that your legs are OK.