E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy

I think the game is balanced, so theres a big singleplayer game there. Coop is more like a hack to make that singleplayer campaing playable with multiple people, a hack that is 50% awesome, 50% a disaster.

The single player and coop games are exactly the same. Your character can drop in and out of the different modes at any time.

I believe there’s random missions or deployments or something? How does that work?

When you’re in Temple HQ, there is a huge room with doors that are labeled “New Eden” and the other maps. Walk in to one of those doors and it will generate random objectives on that map.

EDIT: It’s the room you come into right after missions usually, leading to the Commander’s office.

As you complete campaign missions, you open new areas. To do side-missions in these areas, you have three options:

1. Single Player - open up a Temple HQ, go through whichever large open doorways are open (at first, it will be New Eden only)

2. Single Player or LAN Group - create a LAN-only server, then you can do side missions anyplace, without having to open them up via the campaign

3. Multiplayer - Just join a server doing missions. Most people have it set to random missions, so you’ll be flung all over the place.

If you want to grind levels really quickly, grab some heavy armor and a Bosco, then create a Lan-only server, head to the map cm_noctis with settings of ghost/ invasion. Cloak, and head into the portal on the far left. Run past the baddies in the cave out onto the bridge. Shoot helicopters with the sniper rifle. You’ll level at blinding speed.

If you want to level quickly and gain tons of brouzofs, too, start the map the same way as above. Cloak, then head out through the portal which is the second from the right. You’ll get killed a few times finding a safe spot, but there are places from which you can snipe two Deus Ex Machinas (they look like cyberdemons). Use the bearkiller .44 magnum, or the .50-cal sniper rifle if you have not unlocked the pistol yet. If you have PSI skills of 60+ and either Dragon or Invocation, you can one-shot those critters reliably.

Better yet, just play the campaign ;) If you want to pile up more money, join some random missions in multiplayer. Enjoy the crazy.

Yeah, page 1 had me convinced not to buy this, and now page 2 has changed my mind. I’m downloading it now. Damn it.

Keep in mind that it’s a $20 game from an indie studio and I think you’ll be fine. By that I mean expect clunkiness, bugs, and a lack of polish. On the flip side of that, it means you get to play a genuinely different, fun, FPS/RPG with a lot of customization options.

This game is funky, I’m digging it so far, warts and all.

Definitely looking forward to the patch.

I keep reading the title of this thread as “Divine Cybernancy”.

That’s the current extent of my opinion on this game, since I’m currently waiting for the patch before picking it up.

Is research unlocked from the get go? I keep trying to research stuff and nothing seems to happen.

Wear heavy armor at least in the beginning makes it much easier.

Enough money. These that are listed as ??? is because you have to find a rare element, walking on bodies.

Basically, is a “grind” element on the game.

For research, be sure not to move the slider all the way to the left, to the cheapest option. That will bug it out. Move at least a fraction toward the right.

Yeah, the game is completely crazy. The tutorials don’t help much at all. Basically, everything you need is under the actions menu. Still, there’s a lot of stuff to figure out, and not much help from the game at all.

I do like the long distance shooting. Very satisfying. Do enemies stop spawning in levels or are they infinite?

This game almost gives me a Crusader: No Remorse vibe. Mainly in the way missions are set up, and you go back to the hub after each one, talk to the local people, etc.

Exactly my feelings as well.

The two main hints I would give anyone starting the game are 1. Wear heavy armor right from the start. 2. Research and equip the medikit ASAP (alt fire heals yourself)

My weapons hints include: The first(left) sniper rifle allows you to snipe enemies effectively. The chain gun is pretty darn good in most situations. The first submachine gun works relatively well as a close combat weapon because of the insane rof and ammo capacity. ymmv, but most of the other initial weapons available didn’t do much for me.

There is a fix to some of the text config files that removes the annoying fisheye blur and scoped visual effects that I found on the Steam forums.

The interface is growing on me. It’s rough around the edges, but the idea is sound.

I do like the long distance shooting. Very satisfying. Do enemies stop spawning in levels or are they infinite?

Indeed! It’s nice to have rifle range be more than 100’. Makes it much less necessary to tote around a sniper rifle than in most games; the beginning assault rifle has surprising range.

There are a few options for spawning. Default seems to have them be finite, but spawning a bit too quickly for my suspension of disbelief, especially when you’re learning the controls. I recommend setting the respawn rate to “reduced”.

Oh, and hacking!

• Hacking yourself is for taking control back when you’ve been hacked or failed a hack.
  • I somehow managed to kill myself by hacking myself accidentally in the dream world, and losing to myself…
  • If you start to lose, you can just close the hacking window and reset.
  • Hacking tip: Mask and Scan until their Attack and Defense are dropped, then boost your defense while Masking their Attack down. Once you build up a sizable Defense, Overload it into Attack and blow them away in one or two shots.
  • I like the idea behind hacking, and it’s sort of cool that it takes attention and time while other things may be going on, but the end effect seems simplistic and easy. Well, at least early on.

Can’t you just heal yourself psionicly? I find there’s enough surplus guns/ammo lying around that I’m covered.

When the level is mostly populated by monsters (not humans with guns) this isn’t really an option.

I actually like using the assault rifle against human enemies, since they only take one headshot or two/three body shots and needing to stop/crouch to be accurate feels like STALKER.

Ah, good point. I guess I should have figured there’d be such levels past the beginning.

I find it much easier to move evasively while healing with the medikit. Also, the medikit doesn’t use energy, doesn’t require ammo lying around, and has a better points healed per second. Another advantage is that you can heal other players and NPCs with the medikit.

Okay can someone give me a “if you like X, then you’ll like EYE.”

From what I can tell from two pages in, it’s not like Deus Ex nor is it a straight up shooter… So is the closest thing BioShock?