E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy

And so it doesn’t muck up the thread, though I’m sure Tom will use this as an excuse to yank them :P

Patch Notes

Bug fixes:

• Fixed loading crashes between maps
  • Improved general stability
  • Fixed an exploit linked to the Deus Ex Machina
  • Fixed the characteristic exploit
  • Fixed Alt-Tab messing-up the UI
  • Fixed the Permanent Death when a hack fails
  • Fixed saves losses and character resets
  • Fixed the dialogues in multiplayer games
  • Fixed Brouzouf resets
  • Fixed ATMs not giving money when hacked
  • Fixed enemies not reacting to hacked traitors
  • Fixed enemies not reacting when a friend dies close to them
  • Fixed return to first PSI power when a player dies
  • Fixed the required agility for the Scrabouillor
  • Fixed the required agility for the Sentry
  • Fixed the Bio Regen 5 not resetting Head Traumas
  • Fixed the hacking list reset when a NPC dies
  • Fixed the crashes linked to a certain number of hacked slaves
  • Fixed “EYE_GHOST” being defined both in EYE_English and Gameui_english
  • Fixed the achievements linked to the legendary classes
  • Fixed the Medkit achievement
  • Fixed the Triangular Gates and some spells giving Fatal Wounds despite the researches
  • Fixed the increase of implants beyond the limit
  • Fixed the missing Streumonic Complementarity research description
  • Fixed the missing Cyber briefcase for researches
  • Fixed the campaign results displaying esoteric and nasty things
  • Fixed the VIP exploit
  • Fixed the researches not always launching
  • Fixed the lighting in cc_temple*, cc_new_eden, cc_tuto and cc_monolith
  • Fixed cc_new_eden secondary quests not being saved
  • Fixed cc_forgotten secondary quests not being saved
  • Fixed an incorrect Deus Ex spawnpoint in cm_sheep
  • Fixed the broken ladder in cc_sheep
  • Fixed the infinite XP exploit on New Eden (Mentor)
  • Fixed Locken not having a weapon when hostile on cc_new_eden
  • Fixed Locken’s departure and death not being saved on cc_new_eden
  • Fixed a possible money exploit on cc_tuto2
  • Fixed a possible XP exploit on cc_new_eden
  • Fixed being able to respawn in front of the Immortal King on cc_noctis without having completed the required quest
  • Fixed a fall in the temple not always killing the player
  • Fixed the players being Jian/Culter on cm_sheep
  • Fixed a missing texture on cc_new_eden
  • Fixed a missing texture on cc_forgotten
  • Fixed a missing texture on cm_dreams
  • Fixed being able to get stuck in the armory on cc_noctis
  • Fixed Tobi not killing himself on cc_forgotten
  • Fixed the invisible water brush on cc_ancient
  • Fixed a superfluous armory logo on cc_noctis
  • Fixed being able to get stuck in stairs after a resurrection on cc_purge
  • Fixed being able to get stuck in stairs after a resurrection on cc_forgotten
  • Fixed the Mauve Mentor objective not being attached to the actual NPC on cm_purge
  • Fixed a Perigrum Forma being able to spawn in front of the player in the maintenance tunnels of cc_monolith
  • Fixed the spawning view distances next to the player on Noctis Labyrinthus and Electric Sheep
  • Fixed the achievement ‘Revelation’ not being awarded when a player finds Akmal, the ancient
  • Fixed the retrieval objective on cm_noctis not being clear
  • Fixed a possible answer to Akmal not being active on cc_ancient
  • Fixed the Supreme Manduco being able to always kill on cc_new_eden
  • Fixed the door of the Supreme Manduco closing behind the player
  • Fixed the physic boxes of the streetlamps
  • Fixed the invisible switch on cc_falling
  • Fixed typos in some texts
  • Fixed not being able to shoot through some fences with some weapons

Additions/Modifications:

• Optimized memory
  • The Resurector invincibility is longer and more visible
  • Added a max player option in the server creation
  • Added a camera option when running
  • Added an option to disable the blur effect when running
  • Added a delay for using weapons after a dialogue
  • Increased the numbers of given missions in Coop Missions depending on the number of players
  • Escape allows to close certain menus
  • Decreased the sight cones and maximum sight distance of all NPCs
  • Increased the Deus Ex Machinas’ resistance
  • Decreased the number of XP and Brouzouf earned when killing a Deus Ex Machina
  • The Deus Ex Machina’s main weapon deals more damage
  • Decreased the player’s Heavy Armor protection
  • Decreased the Sulfatum’s accuracy
  • Decreased the fall damage
  • Throwing grenades cancels the Cloaking Field
  • Limited the maximum amount of Brouzoufs
  • Limited the amount of XP and Brouzoufs with a hit
  • Decreased the exploit of Fatal Wounds optimization
  • Some cheating techniques aren’t possible anymore
  • Revamped the save system and added a temporary “backup” save system
  • Some little balance tweaks
  • Made the exit in cc_tuto2 more obvious
  • Decreased the difficulty of the protection mission on cm_noctis
  • Added an Ally icon on the Heavy Culter squad on cc_noctis
  • Turrets in cc_monolith should be easier to spot
  • Added some more player spawn points in the levels

Hiding huge but potentially interesting blocks of text is by far the best use of spoiler tags.

Well, except that you butchered what should be a list of bullet points!

Ya the button didn’t work, but its all pretty now with some modification

Thats a very interesting list of fix. A “jesus patch”. It almost fix everything that need fixing (other than font size?)

Damn it, why is my connection slow all of a sudden…

Hey! Steam is downloading a patch for E.Y.E.!

I’m at the first mission, and simply have no clue how to reach the damn elevator.

Also, while investigating and going a bit off grid, I suddenly disappeared, and a mysterious man told me, this was but a glimpse of the future, and now I had to remember that?

Also, I think I’ve tried the same mission 4 times, and still have to do everything, while levelling up and keeping all I find.

in short - really weird, but somewhat captivating as well

You have to climb the ladder over by where the elevator waypoint is, and then run to the back-right corner of that indoors graveyard. The mysterious man talking to you means you died and either ran out of revives, or got hacked and dead-dead (Not sure if that’s a bug or intentional).

Fuck, multiplayer is a pain to setup. My buddy and I can’t find the servers we create; any tips?

Hmm not sure, was pretty straightforward to me. Create server, give name, look for name, join. If you’re over the internet make sure you’re not creating a LAN server and you’re looking on the correct tab.

Other than that look into firewall or port forwarding issues, if they’re needed.

You may have to do some port forwarding to get it to work. I think there is a Youtube video out there covering it specifically for EYE.

It just wouldn’t work. We wound up having to use Tunngle, some sort of tunneling service that makes the connect look like a LAN. Works fine now, barring some rubber banding.

I watched the giantbomb quicklook, and wow, this game looks completely batshit. Does the AI even do any line of sight checks at all? They can “see” you a mile away. It appears they’re nearly dead accurate at that distance, too.

Depends on the bad guy. Some are more accurate than others. Hasn’t been noticeably annoying.

Yeah, as stated previously I’ve had no difficulties beating the AI at ludicrous ranges with heavy armor and a minigun. Although the patch may have nerfed both? Gotta keep that delicate PvP balance, I guess :\

I have spent the last few hours of game-time using my left click to explode-o-sword some enemies and my right click to headshot others. Also, I use my psychic powers to drive the survivors insane while my personal army of clones shoots them some more.

Also, what the hell level were you when you made this post?

Apparently that’s been patched.

Finally passed the first mission last night and went back to the hub. So many questions-

How do you “buy” new abilities? How does researching work? Is that how new abilities are bought? I researched something about bodies and it cost me like 14k points, and when the research was done the description just said I had access to new technology.

Is it possible to get around using stealth? My mentor told me on one of the sub-missions that there were too many enemies and to use stealth. However, I’d be crawling around, and then from a mile away some guy would shoot a pain beam at me and drive me insane.

How is insanity handled? I finally figured out that’s what the green bar was, and I had to run the “maintain” program on myself once it got depleted. However, it just stayed depleted and every time I got shot I went insane again.

What is hacking used for? I heard people talking about “hacking enemies”. How do you do that? Point at them and do the hacking command? Sneak up to them?

How do you unlock new weapons in the armory?

Once enemies see you, do they infinitely spawn? Is there any logic to where they spawn?

Very cool game though. Reminds me a whole lot of a first person Syndicate.

You can buy new augs at the medical station at HQ. They cost money and also have stat prerequisites, the aug upgrading you do via your character sheet. Not sure how you get new psi powers beyond gameplay since I haven’t been using them.

How does researching work?

You find stuff on the ground and collect it, then go to the research tab on your character sheet and spend money to start research. Number of scientists is basically meaningless as far as I can tell, the slider just changes the cost of the research and how long it will take. Assuming you’re in no rush there doesn’t seem to be any reason not to always slide it to slowest/cheapest. Research can give you stat bonuses, new abilities (Maybe?), access to new weapons/items, and allow you to upgrade your augs more.

Is it possible to get around using stealth?

Pre-patch, not really unless you have the cloaking aug and run from cover to cover waiting for it to recharge. Post-patch, I’m not sure. They supposedly made the AI a lot less observant so non-cloak stealth is more viable, but I haven’t done a stealthy mission since the game was patched so I couldn’t say.

How is insanity handled?

Use the medkit to both heal your physical and mental health. The medkit is pretty damn vital, and you only get access to it via research, so research that ASAP and always keep one with you. As you mentioned, if your character DOES fail a sanity roll, use maintenance.

What is hacking used for? I heard people talking about “hacking enemies”. How do you do that? Point at them and do the hacking command? Sneak up to them?

They should be listed via the hack menu. Most if not all NPCs seem to be hackable. The game continues while you’re in the hacking menu, so you can’t really hack during combat itself, but if you’re hiding you can hack most human enemies and sentry turrets and (I believe) gunships.

Quick rundown on hacking, HP is fairly self explanatory, if it hits 0 that person loses the hack. Attack is roughly the amount of damage they would do if they do an attack. Defense is roughly how much attack is blocked before getting to HP. To do anything during a hack, your progress bar has to fill for it to finish, then you have to click your next move.

How do you unlock new weapons in the armory?

Mostly by buying from the weapon store in the HQ. Costs cash, and you can only buy weapons you have the prerequisite stats for.

Once enemies see you, do they infinitely spawn? Is there any logic to where they spawn?

As far as I’ve been able to tell enemies infinitely spawn depending on the map, and it doesn’t seem to matter if they’ve seen you or not, just if the previous enemies are alive or dead. There doesn’t seem to be any particular logic to where they spawn, there are just spawn points.

Turning off color correction really brightens up the game.

Personally I turn invasions down when playing single player makes finding the next objective alot less grindy.

I researched the medkit, but it still isn’t available in my armory. Do I have to purchase it at HQ as well as research it?

Last page of the armory, its small.