E3 2018 thread of megaton and dissapointon

At some point these really do become things I’ll play in retirement :/

They delivered! happy with that! (Starfield 7 Elder Scrolls 6). My son thinks fallout 76 looks amazing. I am more cautious but I like Conan so maybe?

This all looks like solid launch titles for the next gen.

Nope since he said you can play it single player.

Also Kingsman 2

Maybe I missed something but I’m not sure why people are down on Fallout 76. It sounds like a regular Fallout game except you can play it with friends. Still can play it single player.

I think its more to do with the shift from being a traditional massive single player RPG to an online one. Frankly the lack of variety I saw in the NPC’s (monster and human) also concerns me a tad. But we will see. I aint down on it, more worried about something new. Old I guess :)

Based on my experience with other PvP survival/crafters, they too are “fully playable solo” if you like grinding hardcore. Like, a million rabbit skins, vegetable matter, wood, screws, and a million other bits of flotsam.

I have no idea of how you could have gotten that from the presentation. It doesn’t even have NPCs! You only meet other human players. Most of what the gameplay systems they showed looked like extreme forms of grinding, where the game or other players would tear down whatever you’d built. (All the way up to that nuke endgame content).

Yes, I’m sure you technically speaking don’t need co-op to get through whatever authored content they have. But it’s clearly not a regular Fallout game with some extra online bits.

Now there won’t be any shitty dialogue choices to complain about~

I’ve heard… things. And now I can experience them.

OH MY GOD. I’ve only seen playthroughs, and now I finally get to play it. This is wonderful. I’m going to put your link over in the thread I bumped from a decade ago.

He actually says that “all the characters that leave the vault” are real people. I went back and specifically watched the video for this. That doesn’t mean there aren’t NPC’s.

I’m about halfway through xbox catching up. What a boring conference. Did they feed the crowd thanksgiving dinner before giving them sleeping pills? They were more excited to yell Phil than any game that came on screen.
I love xbox, but there wasn’t anything inspiring in that conference.

Bethesda conference was a bit deflating after MS one, nothing there made me interested as much as Metro, DL2 or of course Cyberpunk. I am glad they are making singleplayer Starfield and ES6, but those are obviously 3 or 4 years away. It was a bit funny how proud Todd seemed to announce that after 25 years they are doing their first original IP.

Doom Eternal could be fun I suppose, I love Prey but not sure about the DLC. Rage 2 leaves me cold, I really dislike the artstyle (loved it in the first game). Quake and mobile stuff is not for me. Wolfenstein is co-op, not sure if it can be played singleplayer? Fallout 76 literally looks like Fallout 4 with some multiplayer thrown in. Not too inspiring, but I will not completely discount it yet, at least it is playable in solo, though who knows what that will mean. Probably not New Vegas-like experience, that’s for sure.

Prey roguelike DLC is the only DLC I remember adding a roguelike mode. But maybe is my memory and is not all that unusual, specially for RPG games.

Metal Wolf Chaos XD looks ugly, dated. When I first heard of the rumour I hope they made something more to current standards. I guess is a obscure classic and you don’t change classics, because you make them worse.

I am starting to hate Skyrim. Is too much a roadblock.

I’m not watching the shows, just wake up every morning and watch the trailers to my morning coffee.
Today, I got so exited I had to stop and just take a walk around the office to calm down.
Fallout 76. Division 2. Anthem. Cyberpunk. Halo. Elder Scrolls. Hitman 2. Assasins Creed.

No disappointment here!

Yeah… Don’t get too excited about Elder Scrolls or Cyberpunk just yet. Those won’t be out for at least another 2 years.

Rise of the Tomb Raider had a DLC like that. It was called Endurance Mode, I think. Didn’t work very well since the random map generation didn’t produce any kind of sense of place. So from that perspective what Prey seems to be doing with fixed level geometry but randomizing other things is the right thing. (Even if I would much rather have taken an immersive 5 hour story DLC).

Did anyone catch the Devolver E3 briefing? Did it have anything besides Metal Wolf Chaos?