E3 2018 thread of megaton and dissapointon

Spiderman is gonna sell PS4s like crazy.

I wished I was dead while I was playing that…

Just watched The Last of Us 2.

Holy smokes.

Remedy’s Control looks really good. Looks extremely similar to Quantum Break which is a good thing IMO.

The Last of Us 2 did look great. But I’m kind of sick of seeing excessive out-of-context gore during events like this. Yuck.

I loved the details in Death Stranding. Even as a walking simulator, it looks like such a detailed walking simulator, and being equipped with a fetus/baby thing is just prudent, I guess. You never know when you might need one to detect apparitions.

RE2 looks fantastic. Looks like they are rebuilding it with the RE4 camera.

The Ghost of Tsushima, TLOU2 and Spiderman demos all looked incredible. Death Stranding was beautiful, but bizzare, of course. Shocked and delighted by the Nioh 2 announcement.

OMG. For whatever reason, Disney XD has been showing most of the E3 briefs live via an IGN feed.

I mean, it’s Disney. So how do they deal with the violence? Really clumsily.

I’m still curious if Sony planned 4 different tents but abandoned it after production issues and Twitter reaction.

Probably not since they had the widescreen all ready to go. Still, that was pretty odd after all the build up about doing things differently.

Good recovery at least.

Capcom uploaded another Resident Evil 2 remake trailer on their channel. It looks so awesome!

Yeah it’s rare to see a presentation that’s so in tents.

I was wondering the same thing. At the end they showed the set/presentation area being built and it was only two stages.

Finally caught up.

MS won this E3 (as far as conferences are concerned, obviously not in “exclusive games” count), but Sony did show some great games and in good gameplay.

Control was a bit of a highlight, I loved Quantum Break lot more than I expected, the story was fantastic, I wish Control would be in its universe and purely storydriven.

Kojima is Kojima. I love it.

Ghost of Tsushima looks good. They are nailing the aesthetics, if they can nail quests and writing, it could be fantastic.

RE2 remake looks solid. Looking forward to it.

TLOU 2 is the highlight. The gameplay seemed scripted and choreographed to hell, but I do trust that this stuff will be mostly possible in game. It looks fantastic on all fronts and we know ND will deliver.

I thought the Sony presser was servicable, but a bit disappointing. The idea to stage a game demo in its own environment is admirable, but the downtime/interruption that caused was just awful and they should have thought about having better filler material.

Whereas Microsoft tried to cram as many announcements and videos into their presser as possible, Sony clearly wanted to show fewer games and spend more time on those instead. What was shown looked mostly neat or downright impressive, but I think it lacked a bit variety in there. It’s been pretty much all dark and sometimes rather grim games in which the protagonists more (Ghost of Tsushima, LotU2) or less (Spider-Man) shoots at or beats up enemies. I was missing that one quirky game that makes you smile and/or leaves you in pure awe which Sony usually manages to have. Where’s the Media Molecule stuff?´Where’s the next Flower, Journey or Unfinished Swan? (Nope, the Squanch Game thing does not make for a good replacement, and we didn’t get to see what kind of gameplay it has.)

On the plus side, while Call of Duty did get featured, it did not have the 5-minute partnership stage time you come to expect from these things.

Welcome to E3, unless you’re Nintendo or maybe Ubisoft. Even Ubi was mainly shooty-stabby this year after the intro.

Again, Sony usually manages to have at least one quirky, delightful game in their presentation. This year, they didn’t.

I just caught Remedy’s Control trailer:

That looks really neat. Looking forward to more info. Is it going to be yet another February 2019 release date?

Quite of few titles impressed me but about two of them - Odyssey and Tomb Raider - are out this year. Bah.

You were watching the Media Molecule stuff throughout the Sony presentation. The little band at the start with the quirky dudes was all created in Dreams. Did you watch after it ended? They brought on the devs from several games to chat and showed them building stuff in Dreams, which was very impressive.

Both Microsoft and Sony suffer from Grimdark Disease but that’s nothing new. I’m kinda tempted to watch them both again and count the number of deaths in each and compare to last year. I actually think the body count was slightly lower and it was definitely less gruesome overall.

They did. It’s interspersed throughout. It’s called Dreams.