E3 2018 thread of megaton and dissapointon

I was very surprised by Odyssey. I’ve never played an Assassin’s Creed game, but an RPG set in Ancient Greece? Sign me up! Though I prefer Athens over Sparta :)

I saw that. Does not make for a game presentation. And I doubt a large part of the audience noticed.

I did not watch anything afterwards, and I guess same goes for the majority of the audience. Especially those who tuned in to watch the press conference super-late at night (Europe) or really early in the morning (Asia). They don’t stick around for the pre- or aftershow. Including a game in the main presentation is a statement of intent given the media/audience attention, and Sony decided not to include Dreams or anything else other than in the form of background fluff. Again, I know that Dreams and probably another neat title or two are in the making, but not having any of those prominently featured in the show is a bit of a disappointment.

It was there. Sorry it didn’t meet your requirements.

Come on man. The discussion was about the Sony show and the lack of whimsy in it. Dreams having anonymous 2 second snippets used as interstitial bits, and an after show segment that was missed by most of the audience is part of the problem.

Again, sorry it wasn’t enough for you, but they had it right there out front at multiple times during the presentation. They didn’t communicate it as well as they should have, but the fact is it was there.

Let’s also be clear, most people watching didn’t care about that game. They wanted more of what they ultimately received all throughout the presentation. Was there whimsy with Microsoft on Sunday? Sony and Microsoft make games consoles for mature adults. That’s been the rallying cry since 1995 and 2001 respectively. All the rest are outliers.

There was that Justin Roiland cartoon thing too, no?

Snarky review of yesterday’s events -

Heh. Thanks. That was pretty funny.

Not a Sony game, but this looks promising:

Maybe, but Nintendo hasn’t presented yet.

Bring us home Nintendo!

Love the art style here.

I love how Nintendo always starts off so warm and fuzz…what the hell is THAT?

Well that was an interesting way to end a trailer.

Yeah, abrupt as hell. Interesting choice.

JRPG’s talk a lot.

Xenoblade Chronicles?

Boob armor window!

I wanted to like this but I couldn’t get into it even after 4 or 5 hours. Sigh.

Damn, I wish the original XC could have so much DLC.