E3 2018 thread of megaton and dissapointon

There will be more info over the next few days. They’ve done this since they shifted to the Nintendo Direct format.

I would’ve appreciated a heads up that most of us could leave the meeting if we weren’t interested in Smash.

I do see we’re getting some Death’s Gambit updates today during E3 coverage. (2D pixel Soulslike.)

I don’t care about Smash. Show the other stuff on the Direct and maybe save the 20 minutes of moves and stages during the tree house stream

Perhaps we are not Nintendo’s intended audience.

/closes bunker door

This was the most surprising thing about E3 for me this year. It just seemed like there’s a ton of stuff announced for January, February, March. Mostly February.

Yeah it is weird. Lots of games slipped a quarter I think.

Hollow Knight out on Switch today for $15, instabuy for me.

This has been going on for a few years but reached terrifying new levels in 2018 when there were an absurd number of great games released each week in the spring for a couple months.

It’s ridiculous. There are so many games.

No, I don’t think they even bother trying to compete in the fall against the yearly franchise games. Of course, now the spring is packed.

It’s hot and humid where I live, so they’re welcome to try the summer!

I really have the feeling there are only a handful number of games getting released during the fall holiday season. Perhaps its mainly the sports & driving games? Never paid any attention during those parts…

So what’s left then?

No more conferences, but the actual E3 where they show games on the show floor is left, I think. Not relevant to those of us sitting at home except it will lead to more detailed previews by games journalists over the course of the week.

Hey all, quick question: did Rockstar – or anyone – show any RDR at e3? Working on a project…

Not that I’ve seen. Rockstar hasn’t shown a game at E3 in a long time.

Ah, cool. Thanks!

The winner of E3

Even more of a winner is probably one of my favorite “indie” bands, Murder By Death.

(Song was in the Destiny 2 Expansion trailer)

I’m partial to that song MS played while waiting for their conference to start.

She doesn’t look quite “Mediterranean” enough for me. Not especially Greek. Needs to look more like Gal Gadot or something (who I realize is Israeli, not Greek). Or even Claudia Doumit, who plays Gia on Timeless. She’d be a perfect character model.

EDIT: Actually, looking at more footage, the character model shown in this video does look plenty Greek:

Well, the conspiracy version of delaying to Jan - Feb is that game x just ain’t close to ready, but if they delay it further, its beyond the fiscal year and then investors get grumpy.

So it wouldnt be surprising if a couple early 2019 games suddenly slip another 6 months.

Says a Fire Emblem fan (sob)