E3 2018 thread of megaton and dissapointon

With all of the February announcements, I wonder if any of these might try to sneak into November if Christmas looks soft.

Did we get any Just Cause 4 gameplay footage at some point?

The Splatoon 2 World Championships are going on right now. Finals in progress. Great stuff.

As I noted earlier, Nintendo announces things after their presentation.

Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion is available tomorrow. Boom!

It’s a huge single player paid DLC. Their support for free maps and weapons will continue through the end of the year too. Announced at the end of the World Championships.

Same. Like I did for Vita I’ve taken to waiting for Switch versions of stuff like Hollow Knight, Moonlighter, Dead Cells, etc.

Daemon X Machina looked neat. I’m interested in the new Fire Emblem game as well.

Smash bores me to death, though.

The high level players are putting on a good show at the moment. The game looks to be somewhere between Melee and Wii U in speed. I really hope it brings the Melee people and the Wii U people together.

Daemon X Machina is the Producer of Armored Core 2 and 3 among others. That looks awesome. Very excited for that.

I double-dipped on Hollow Knight, which is one of my favorite games of recent memory, but I have to say I was a little disappointed with the lack of first-party announcements at the Direct. I appreciate that Smash is a huge deal for heaps of people, but as someone who doesn’t like fighting games, I hope Nintendo in 2019 offers a greater range of titles.

Still looks like evasion is too easy to me. But I liked them running 2v2s. I think that’s a much more robust competitive format than 1v1 matches the game clearly wasn’t designed for.

That’s something I like about Smash is that evasion and trying to bait out bad evasion is a thing. It’s not just about blocking, it’s about fast movement.

I like fast movement generally (I play BlazBlue, that series is on hyperdrive) but I feel the evasion in Smash is too all encompassing and doesn’t have enough vulnerability time. But I’ll let it go for now, I’m sure there’ll eventually be a thread on the game for me to complain about their design choices ;)

Watching a bit more of that AC: Odyssey stream though, I hope I can just switch to spoken Greek with subtitles, because the Greek accents are uneven and at the same time the spoken English is peppered with modern American colloquialisms like “That sounds like a Spartan all right!” Ugh. Takes me right out of it. With the spoken Greek (which I don’t speak nor understand at all) it can just be exotic and mysterious to my ear.

Dumb question but is there some sort of octo theme I’m missing with this and Octopath Traveler?

Those are Octodad’s kids.

Interesting. Told my son earlier it looked like an Armored Core game directed by Suda51.

This E3 has been exhausting with all the games I’m excited about. I could spend all day watching DMC5 analysis and speculation videos if I wanted to.

I think I’ll return to my normal position that videos are an inefficient waste of time and wait for some written previews.

No. Each game uses it for different things. The bad guys are Octolings in Splatoon 2. The Octopath refers to the eight different characters and their stories in Octopath Traveler.

I feel like Nintendo is trolling non-Nintendo fans.

Nintendo critics: “All Nintendo does is release the same games over and over again!”

Nintendo: “Our new game is all the characters that have already been in previous games, all put together.”

Also, love the new box art:

Lol. TBH as funny as it is (and it is) I really respected his complete sincerity. He just wanted to tell you EVERYTHING about the game :)

Nintendo announced another game today… from the creators of Disgaea…

This was announced back in February, apparently. Also coming to PC and PS4. Originally released in Japan in 2016. Distinct Wizardry vibe to it.