E3 2018 thread of megaton and dissapointon

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DearNimbleAfricanmolesnake-max-1mb.gif

Hells yeah.

Why the heck are the PC and PS4 versions of DQXI arriving before the Switch version?

I’m wondering how receptive the retail channel is going to be to stocking a lot of TTL doodads after finally getting all those other ones off the shelves (assuming those shelves are still available, right TRU?).

Even though the Switch version was announced first in Japan, the 3DS (which we aren’t getting for reasons that continue to look like made-up garbage - “expand the audience” my ass, you don’t drop a platform that the game already exists on to “expand” the audience, especially when the last real games in the series were on that platform and its predecessor) and PS4 versions came out first, and the Switch version is still in development hell. The excuse we’ve gotten from S-E is that they were waiting for UE4 updates that would improve performance on Switch…except they apparently hadn’t even started development on the Switch version in the first place at that point.

That makes some sense. Middleware issues caused problems with some other titles, like battle chasers. I thought that was resolved at this point, but maybe not.

Yep! Every day of E3!

Treehouse Live.

More news from Nintendo and I think this is worth watching…

Donkey Kong is available right now on Arcade Archives in its original unmodified form. Don James helps introduce it in the video. He’s been with Nintendo for 36 years and Pauline is named after his wife.

Sky Skipper too… never before released in the US and taken from a ROM in the only cabinet from Nintendo HQ in the US.

CNN is blaming Nintendo’s E3 presentation for a 16% drop in stock value this month alone.

Nintendo has been red hot for the past few years, but investors have started to “Switch” away from the stock.

Shares of Nintendo (NTDOY) have plunged 16% so far in June.

So why is Nintendo slumping? It seems like investors may be disappointed by the lack of any big news from the company’s E3 appearance. Hopes were high for big news.

Screenrant:

“The presentation was something of a let-down overall. In general, the reveals weren’t that interesting, with little to get the heart racing and a severe lack of information on such massive franchises as Pokemon.”

It has nothing to do with announcements in the context of “cool new games” and everything to do with announcements in the context of “Nintendo didn’t announce anything designed around emptying their customers’ wallets with endless microtransactions, lootboxes, and ten new mobile games to be out before the end of 2018.”

It shows how uninformed people are when Nintendo specifically showed a brand new Pokemon game and an article laments the lack of information about Pokemon.

All the above means is it’s a great time to buy Nintendo stock.

The producer specifically said you can play through the entire game with just the starter set. You get more missions and more gameplay if you buy other ships, etc. He said there’s a whole game of content just for Star Fox.

I liked Nintendo’s Treehouse stuff. I enjoyed their showings more than most of the third-party, multi-platform sequels Xbox showed.

I thought Nintendo announced a new Smash Bros; that’s a big one.

That seems contradictory.

They announced Smash Bros. earlier in the year. The E3 Direct was where they first showed details on it. A fair amount of details. :)

Aaaw, so that’s why it doesn’t count. Okay. Well one of the flagship games coming out seems pretty big to me in addition to their Pokemon title. I don’t know what these investors expect these days, but it all seems short-term so often.

I’d say that as an investor, you’re looking at Microsoft clearly tooling up for the next gen, Sony obviously also well-positioned…and with Nintendo you didn’t really get a lot from E3 on that front.

With that said, Nintendo will likely attract that share money right back in a few months when they announce a new flagship IP title, or when Smash or Pokemon become twin licenses to print money.

Everything Nintendo was talking about at E3 is coming 2018. Most of what the others “surprised” with won’t be out til at least 2019. Many games don’t even have dates yet.

Investors are dumb.

Seems like most at the show were very disappointed with Nintendo’s showing. Waypoint and Giant Bomb both down on it.

I can only find Nintendo on the Tokyo exchange, current price 37,760 Yen. Is that the only way to buy it?