E3 Season 2021: Virtual shows and trailers

I had to make a grocery store run. Did I miss anything good in the entire PC Gaming Show?

I notice they’re on the “Future Gaming show” now. Hell Let Loose, I can’t decide if that’s a good name for a game.

This Sonic game looks fun. Sonic Colors Ultimate.

Key-We also cools pretty cool. I hope it comes to Game Pass.

This looks so cool. Stop motion clay animation game.

Holy shit, they made it using actual stop motion and clay models. No way.

(Harold Halibut).

Yeah I’ve had my eye on that one for a while, it’s one of two games I know of in production doing the stop motion thing. Vokabulantis is the other.

That just come with the territory. It didn’t bother me for Fallout 3/NV/4 so it’s not going to bother me now :)

This part of the show feels like Kensha hall now. Random weird stuff!

F3/4/NV jank is in no way comparable to F76 jank. It’s on a whole different level. Not even remotely in the same galaxy, much less solar system, much less planet, much less continent, much less country, much less city, much less neighborhood, much less ballpark.

Oh, ClayFighter, you were my favorite Genesis game. I’m so sorry you were forgotten. :)

One game that looked really charming in that Future Game Show is Minute of Islands. I was surprised when they said it’s out now, since I hadn’t heard of it. But apparently what they meant was that it was out now, as in “surprise, here’s a trailer, and we’re launching the game today too”.

Yeah, it was a surprise launch.

I’ve played an early version during the IGF and the demo they had up in the last Steam demo festival. It’s a game with a very deliberate pace, but the art is INCREDIBLE. It felt like it was more about the exploration and seeing this rich world than challenging puzzles, which felt like a good call to me. I’ll definitely be picking it up at some point.

Going back through a lot of stuff I missed today, really cool to see that the sequel to Far: Lone Sails will be coming soon. I really liked that game.

Oh dang. Great news!

Ixion had a cool trailer but seems to be a station management game. I was hoping more SF adventure. Although it does says there’s some exploration and discovery.

That trailer: So after they left Earth to colonize other systems, they left a fuck you present for earth and destroyed the moon?

Huh. Trailer did nothing for me, but I’m down for a station management game. From the screenshots and blurb, looks like it might be a serious Startopia crossed with Frostpunk, possibly with logistics. Sweet!

Maybe! I thought it was more of an accident that made their exploration plans a lot more critical suddenly.

Capcom imminent!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_lPa5RKFBs

I really should try Monster Hunter on Game Pass, just so that I know what the heck this franchise is all about. I’ve read so much about it, so I think I know, theoretically speaking, that I would not enjoy it, but text and even videos can only tell you so much without actually trying it.

Seveneves is all about that scenario. And… ummmmm… it doesn’t end well for the Earth.

I was only glancing at that monitor from time to time, but looks like Capcom is over already. I guess they didn’t have much to show. Monster Hunter, Ace Attorney and Street Fighter stuff, that’s it?

Interesting. I find it really hard to read Stephenson, but if that’s what Seveneves is about, that’s tempting just for the premise alone.