E3 Season 2021: Virtual shows and trailers

Jeff Goldbum has brought a world premier.

I was really hoping it was a open world Jurassic Park game. But it looks like it’s a sequel to the Park management game.

How are you so into Wolf Alice and not know Japanese Breakfast…

I’m more excited about the park management, though I’m a little skeptical of Frontier’s ability/willingness to improve the original

Sorry, watching without audio so I missed what that was. Someone was singing (Japanese Breakfast?) and what was the beautiful game in the background?

Sable

Thanks!

LostArk looked like it could be a good ARPG. Always tough to tell from trailers though.

Sable is a day one Game Pass release, by the way.

Ooh, Solar Ash gameplay. Looks kinda Platinum-y.

Salt and Sanctuary sequel! Loved the first.

Salt & Sacrifice - sequel to Salt & Sanctuary I guess. I bounced off that one hard. I think Souls-likes are my favorite genre now, but 2D games of that type don’t play similarly at all, I just can’t get into them.

Escape from Tarkov looks intense. At first when they were walking with guns through an empty city, I had no idea where that trailer was going. I was not expecting them to find other people with guns all of sudden.

New game publisher being announced. But wait, one of the games in the sizzle reel is definitely Kingdom Come, right? Or I wonder if it could be a Kingdom Come sequel?

Edit: Nope, just Kingdom Come. “Prime Matter” is the new publisher.

Tales of Arise: Looks… overwhelming I guess.

Planet of Lana definitely looks like my jam. Like Limbo or Inside type of game, but in a colorful alien world.

My first instinct was to point and laugh, ha ha Weezer got old! And then I remembered I was listening to these guys in college. Nearly 30 years ago.

I was excited until I saw it’s another PlayStation timed exclusive. At least I assume that based on the developer doing a sneaky and mysterious Twitter like to someone that asked the question about PC.

Also, it says from “the creators” of Salt and Sanctuary but I’m pretty sure the husband and wife team has separated. I wonder if they’re still working together.

<3

Woah, grand finale is Elden Ring trailer?

I only saw snippets as reported on various sites, but I think of the reveals I am most excited for Sable and Metal Slug Tactics.

Oh, also Endless Dungeon!