E3 Season 2022: Summer Game Fest and more

Hey guys, remember that awesome thing we made that you all loved? Yeah well we aren’t doing that anymore.

Sad trombone.

Seems kind of similar to sunk-without-trace Brink.

It’s Brink + LawBreakers ! :P

Yay, we’re getting a Nintendo Direct after all, other than that one about Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Tomorrow. Focused on 3rd party games.

I enjoyed Brink. Pretty much the last competitive shooter I sank any time into.

We are still not finished!

I thought several games looked interesting

Alone in the Dark
Jagged Alliance 3
Knights of Honor 2
Outcast 2
Gothic 1 remake
Space for Sale
The Valiant
Tempest Rising

Yeah some of those look pretty great. I don’t think I ever played Gothic, but I remember Gothic 2…and that was not at all what I expected of Gothic, but I’m intrigued.

Several others looks great. Very interested in JA3, The Valiant, and Knights of Honor 2. Possibly also Space for Sale. That sounds fun.

I thought they all looked good, but none of them looked incredible.

This summer is unending!

Quoting myself because why not - this new Exoprimal trailer looks kind of fun. Maybe something like Anthem mashed up with time traveling dinosaurs?

This tweet yesterday from EA announced “BIG NEWS” today.

I have no idea what they’re talking about wanting meet a BFF IRL. Some kind of Sims news?

On the other hand, the “BIG NEWS” thing had me hoping that today they’ll announce the return of EA Big. Remember that? The label they used for SSX and other extreme sports games and such?

I would bet. They just gave away the Sims 4 base game, so it makes sense.

This

Gross.
The only thing worse than being a kid today is being alive in the world they rule when they grow up.

Sorry for the bummer post. But maybe it’s a good way to end Summer. Enjoy the fall!

Now that we are immersed in the E3 2023, let me review some of the games I marked as ‘of note/worthy’ in 2022. Several are still unreleased, of course, fro Alters, to Abyssals, to Great Houses of Calderia, to Falling Frontier, etc.

ILL: it seems it was prerenderred footage, it isn’t clear if the ‘team clout’ devs are just one or two guys. They/he have a Patreon for the game, where he is teasing a possible partnership for the game.
Being and Becoming: despite having a trailer a year ago, it seems they are reading up now a Kickstarter? lol
Serial Cleaners: it’s out, 83% positive on Steam. Looking at Metacritic, the first game was better.
Tinykin: good little game that I enjoyed the past year.
The Knight Witch: It’s out, 73% on Steam.
The Entropy centre: around 90% positive for this ‘Portal Clone’. I should take a look at it.
Luto: there is a demo on Steam, people say it has a nice creepy atmosphere and it’s not typical jump scare/chase horror.
Soulstice: it was released, 80%, people say it’s a mix of dmc and bayonetta
The Invincible will have a new trailer in the pc gaming showcase today.
ENDLESS™ Dungeon suffered a delay of some months. I think it will release on EA, as other roguelites.
Oh look, I had Spellforce: Conquest of Eo in my list. I had totally forgotten about it, lol.
Mahokenshi: 77% on Steam. It seems it’s a bit buggy and it has metaprogression grind.
Decarnation: 89% on Steam, although reviews note it’s more an interactive movie than anything, it’s very light on gameplay. They mention being similar to Perfect Blue/MIsery/David Lynch.
Scorn was decent. Not the best game but unique enough to be memorable.
Ara History Untold is looking more a civ clone than the last time I looked at it.
Deliver Us Mars is at 73% on Steam lower than the first game, Deliver us the Moon.
Gloomwood is on the ‘possibly great, but slow EA’ phase of game development.
Farthest Frontier is in EA too, but more advanced, and 85% on Steam. Most rated review says it’s ‘Banished with bugdet’.
Endling has an interesting division in reviews, while Metacritic has a 75%, on Steam has a 95% (although let’s remember, on Steam it’s just thumbs up/down, so both averages are compatible, in a way).

I think PureXbox did something similar, looked at last year’s Xbox showcase and listed the 14 games that aren’t out yet. Let me see if I can find that.

Ara: History Untold (PC Game Pass)
Ark 2 (Delayed to 2024)
Cocoon
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
Ereban: Shadow Legacy
Flintlock: The Siege Of Dawn
Forza Motorsport
Hollow Knight: Silksong
Lightyear Frontier
Party Animals (Delayed to 2023)
Replaced
Stalker 2
Starfield (Delayed to September 2023)
Warhammer 40,000: Darktide (Xbox Version Delayed)

I had forgotten some of these. Like what is Replaced? And I’d forgotten about Ara History Untold, the Civ clone. And Ereban: Shadow Legacy, which is apparently a stealth platformer.

It’s a shame a lot of this games didn’t make it out in the time because in really liked their idea of only talking about games that will be out in the next twelve months during summer game fest. Really makes it more tangible in a way what they have on offer.