EA Access: The Vault, early demos and discounts

Yeah, it’s pretty good value, at least for someone like me who wouldn’t have bought any of the vault games individually, but for a small price per month? Sure. And now I’m also interested in buying Battlefield 5 whenever that comes out, since I didn’t buy BF4 because BF3 was goddamn awful. BF4’s campaign was much better, though that’s not saying much, but the mp was also improved, and especially the map design as I hated the maps in BF3.

Now available on PC. $4.99 per month.

Vault as of today:

Battlefield 4
Dragon Age: Inquisition Digital Deluxe
Battlefield Hardline Digital Deluxe
Battlefield 3
SimCity
FIFA 15
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
Need for Speed Rivals: Complete Edition
Dead Space 3
Dragon Age II
Dead Space 2
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Dead Space
The Sims 3 Starter Pack
This War of Mine

Since I’m already an EA Access member through Xbox One, that means I get access to the extra PC games too, right? So that means in addition to the XB1 games that are in common, I also get Dead Space 2, 3, Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate, Sims 3 Starter Pack and This War of Mine. Oh, and SimCity. Wasn’t that already free? Or is this the new SimCity that was panned at release but apparently got better?

Huh, that’s pretty neat. I actually find it to be quite the value on the XBox ($30/yr). Lots of overlap between the 2. Too bad my Vault access doesn’t give me access to both (considering the overlap in games).

Strange they don’t have the yearly pricing the console offers.

Doesn’t look like it combines with the Xbox version. Two separate subs.

This War Of Mine was EA? Huh.

I don’t see anything about that, does not compute. I wish it were true tho. If you can point to something confirming it please do.

“The main difference between Origin Access and EA Access is that EA only offers month-by-month payments for Origin Access; customers don’t have the option of a $29.99 annual subscription — half the price of the monthly payments added up over the course of a year — like they do with EA Access. There doesn’t currently appear to be any package deal for a discounted subscription to both EA Access and Origin Access.”

That vault is pretty anemic for a publisher that has been making PC games for decades. I literally own 2/3rds of what they offer on Origin already. I’ve always thought the idea of EA Access was better suited to PC, but not when they’re so stingy with content.

Looks like XBox Live Gold members are get to try out the EA Access Vault for free next week (Jan 19-24).

EA Access now has FIFA 16 in the vault. According to the email I got from them. I haven’t played a FIFA game since 2006 FIFA World Cup on Xbox 360. Are their controls still easy to manage? It was a pretty intuitive control scheme back then.

I always wonder if these sports franchises keep adding more and more things and get more and more complex and unapproachable. Or if they don’t do that, then how do they entice people who bought last year’s iteration?

I got the same email. They called it football, but it turns out it’s soccer. Get with the program EA.

Besides, Rocket League is all the soccer the world needs.

I have been playing in basic control and enjoying it. I hadn’t played any recent version.

Hard for me to judge as a long time player but it doesn’t feel particularly complicated compared to, say, Madden or NHL. There’s only so much you can do as a soccer player.

So apparently a 6 hour trial of Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst is now available to EA Access members on Xbox Live. I can’t verify that as I am not a member of EA Access, but sounds like a good chance to give the (nearly) final game a test drive if you can.

Thanks for the heads up Pogue! I’ll try it out tonight if I get the chance.

It looks like it’s up on the PC version of EA Access too.

I presume EA: Access isn’t multiplatform. I have it on Xbox One but I’d prefer to play it on PC.

It is not. I’m going to play it on the Xbox, but I’ll probably still buy it on the PC.

Six? Used to be 10 hours.

July 12th, the new Need For Speed is getting added to the Vault.
July 12th also adds Unravel.
Aug 30th they add Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2.

I still think EA Access seems like the best value out of all the subscription services I use. (PS+, XBL, EA Access).