EA creating artificial demand

Clearly EA is trying to make some press releases with BF 1942. Almost all the stores in Cleveland are sold out. All it is, is a CD and a box - how could they not produce enough?!?!!?!?!?!!?

Chet
ps. does anyone need a smiley?

You didn’t pre-order?

THIS IS ALL SEGA’S FAULT!!

a bunch of us in office got our copies from funcoland and EB.

They had a whole bunch at my local EB and Babbages.

BF: 1942
REALLY popular in Milwaukee and Cleveland. It’s a blue collar game evidentally. FWIW Amazon downgraded it from available now to 2-3 days this morning. I think this game is superceding percieved demand. That’s what an ass-kicking beta does for you.

Man, the Berlin map is terrifying.

Hell, Chet… they even got it on the EB shelves up here in Canada!

:P

Picked mine up this afternoon.

Hey Chet, here’s an idea. Why don’t you try clicking your own BF1942 pre-order banner next time?

Here’s a link for your convenience:

http://b.portalofevil.com/shck.php?slotid=1&siteid=31&bannerid=96

Stores order copies based on pre-orders coupled with perceived demand. BF1942’s hype has been pretty low-key; it’s no surprise that walk-ins will probably miss out until a subsequent shipment.

I guess it did need a smiley

Hahahahahahaha. That was a nice.

My respect-level just went up another notch for you, Chet.

I just got back from EB. They had plenty of copies here in Southern California.

Unfortunately, I’m just installing the game now, looking at the back of the CD case to type in the keycode…and the space is blank.

MENDOZA!

Time to gripe at EA. If I have to go back to EB, I’m going to be pissed.

Lino

It’s very hard to find in the South Bay (Silicon Valley, Northern California). All the EBs are sold out, Fry’s is sold out, Gamestop is sold out. I had two copies on reserver at EB, though. :D

The EB guy told me that people had been coming in and buying 4-5 copies. They’d actually ordered lots of extras, but ran out.

As ever,

Loyd Case

EB was actually sold out by the time I got back to try and exchange my copy. After calling tech support, I emailed off a picture of my CD and back of my jewel case (with the blank CD key spot). I really hope they manage to turn it around tomorrow because if I don’t get to play this weekend I will be…displeased.

Lino

There was a large group of people at the local EB here in the Lynnwood WA area just waiting for the fed ex/ups guy to come with battlefield 1942, they were all sharing stories from the demo play.

For those who don’t get a chance to get BF42… there’s always OFP!!! Plus the netcode for 1.46 + small island maps (which there are many) + ww2 addons (quite a few) = BF42 killer! But I’m biased of course!

etc

Yeah I dunno whats up, but the retail version of BF1942 seems to have some issues with lag, even on a good server. Big fights give me issues even tho im on broadband on a beefy machine.

Mmmm… beefy machiiiiinne…

There was a large group of people at the local EB here in the Lynnwood WA area just waiting for the fed ex/ups guy to come with battlefield 1942, they were all sharing stories from the demo play.

Did you explain to them that the engineer is the best class in BF1942?

I did tell them the engineer had the best gun in the game. They all gave me looks I couldnt quite translate.