EA has purchased Respawn

Over/under for time to next headline, “EA has disbanded Respawn”.

I say 5 years.

They’ll provide each word of the headline in $4.99 lootboxes (random, of course).

fuck fuckf uckf cufkc ufkcuckfuif icfkcucf kici cfcd

God damnit. It’s been 3 minutes and I’m still fuming.

Interesting that disappointing Titanfall 2 sales results in a buyout by the company that arguably was responsible for said disappointment by cannibalizing its own sales. Maybe Respawn didn’t get enough royalty money to keep going on its own? Or maybe the ownership is looking to cash out now before it gets worse?

“The creative freedom is still here: DICE, BioWare, our studios have creative freedom and creative integrity. That’s what gets those studios to make great games.”

lol

How the hell did they do the valuation? Seems like a crazy price for a company that has 1 ip that has put up lackluster numbers.

I have to say, I thought they already owned Respawn.

I hope this goes well for the Titanfall franchise.

Heh, Bioware will be shutdown 3 months after Anthem flops. Mark those words, bitches.

Kotaku reporting that Nexon had made an offer, and EA was responding to that.

I suspect some kind of new project from Respawn, maybe something like Entreaty of Responsibility: Contemporary Combat.

Glad they owners and maybe some employees will get paid well. Also EA must believe in them to drop that much cash.

I do doubt we see another Titanfall game. I bet they get put on a Star Wars title. With the shutting down of Visceral they still only have the Battlefront games to show for the license so far. They need to get going on more to take advantage of the massive hype the movies are generating.

I wouldn’t mind a new Star Wars game from Respawn.

http://www.respawn.com/game/star-wars

Respawn is collaborating with Lucasfilm and EA to develop a brand new action-adventure game set in the Star Wars™ universe. While we don’t have any additional details to share right now, we’re thrilled to be able to contribute to a franchise that has shaped so many of our imaginations. You can read more about the announcement from Game Director Stig Asmussen here: Apex Legends - The Next Evolution of Hero Shooter - Free to Play

Ha! Nice. That post is from May 2016. So they’ve been developing this for about a year and a half now, at least.

Microsoft was just out there talking about how they were going to start buying studios and yet they didn’t go after Resoswn?

[quote=“forgeforsaken, post:19, topic:132422, full:true”]
Microsoft was just out there talking about how they were going to start buying studios and yet they didn’t go after Respawn?
[/quote]Maybe they’ll buy From Software and give me a stroke.