EA Play 2020

HAHA, instead of SSX, they’re bringing back Skate for next gen.

Overall this was a tremendous waste of time and money for EA. Nearly zero actual content.

Streaming at the moment. I’ll look in a bit.

That was it?

I’m not into Skate, but that’s pretty cool for fans of that series.

I think Skate is the one more people wanted. It’s been a meme for a while every EA conference.

Yeah, I was just more surprised that I got it right that they’d dig up an old franchise to revitalize for next gen.

But yeah, so nothing even on Anthem. We got a big segment on Sims 4, but nobody to demonstrate EA’s commitment to Anthem.

By “10 year franchise” they mean they’ll exhume the corpse in 10 years and do something with it.

No mass effect trilogy news? :-(

For being one of the biggest publishers, it never feels like EA actually has enough teams to support an annual show of announcements. If WB games is really for sale they should pick them up to bulk up their output.

Do you want add another dead studio to the pile? Ok ok they’ve done better recently but I’m still not convinced.

Have you tried the fan retexture mod?

This just popped up on Reddit this morning. Someone claiming to be on Q&A for the trilogy is leaking details. Huge grain of salt time of course, anyone could just start typing up bullet points that seem possible and cool to troll or whatever, but you never know.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MassEffectAndromeda/comments/habhbi/me_remaster_here_is_what_i_know/

Hmmm, so according to that guy, basically the original trilogy in Andromeda’s engine with similar gameplay to Andromeda throughout the trilogy. I’d buy the shit out of that. I loved the gameplay in Andromeda.

The part of my heart that will always love the gameplay of ME1 substantially more than the sequels is now just a little sadder than it was before (which was pretty sad, given the state of things by ME3).

Seriously, they’re taking away exploration, the best thing about the original game, in order to streamline the experience to that of the latter two games? If true (and I kind of doubt the whole thing anyway) that would totally suck.

Well, he said there’s still planets to land on.

There were planet to land on in ME 2 and 3 as well. Virtually no exploration though, just critical path plot points.

I think ME2 the Mako replacement portions were only in the DLC missions? I’m not sure, since I got it after all the DLC was out and part of the package. I don’t remember exploring planets in ME3, I probably just forgot. Was there some kind of Mako replacement in ME3?

they’re giving away Rocket Arena with Twitch Prime now. This one is doing as well as uh, Anthem.