Ear won't pop

A warning on this, however: I do this entirely too much. It’s habit forming. At one point, when I had a combination allergy attack/sinus infection, I got my ears to pop open. I was pretty elated, until I noticed everything spinning, and the world just slowly fading away. This could have been really bad, as I was driving a car at the time.

Luckily, I was just slowing down to a stop sign at the time, and I had enough presence of mind to say to my wife: “Honey, I’m fainting, grab the wheel.” I couldn’t have been out for more than a few seconds, as I came to with my foot firmly planted on the break, and my wife saying my name louder and louder. I know it wasn’t too long as she hadn’t gotten to the Panic Panic mode in her voice, yet.

Head On. Apply directly to forehead.

Active-On. Apply directly where it hurts.

I don’t know if you’re being ironic or not, but I wouldn’t trade my neti pot for the world. Doesn’t do much for my ears, but my sinuses are a disaster without it.

Yeah, using a neti pot is indeed somewhat disgusting, but the results can’t be argued with. They are great for clearing out sinuses.

You just know there is a neti pot sex site. Neti pots and choggle pants.

Groooooooooooooooooooosssssssss.

Is there a name for the fetish where people want to catch that drainage in their mouths? Just curious.

That’s a damn good question. We’ve got piss, shit and puke fetishes, where’s the snot fetishists?

Saddest thing I’ve ever seen on the internet :)

I used to do this all the time until I finally got off my ass and saw an ENT, but now when I do that, the tubes he put in my ears make this nice whistling sound.

If you blow harder or softer, does the pitch change? Like, could you do a song?

Let me add my vote.

First give it a few days to work out on its own if you have not already. I imagine you have.

I have had ear issues for nearly 15 years and, when they were simple problems such as blockage, hyrdogen peroxide always worked fine. I do not remember it taking more than once or twice to do the trick. I always tried to wait until the bubbling had ceased to make sure most of it had done its work before the flushing.

Also, ditto on not using Q-Tips for exactly why Zero put.

What is fun is the high pressure suction the ENT uses to peel back debris and tissue from your ear canal. That is when it is good and f’ed up in there. You prolly don’t have to worry about that…yet. [cue ominous music]

My wife has one of those…things.

I have exceptionally narrow ear passageways, and I have found that the best cure comes from Asia. They make these little wooden picks with a curved end, like a wooden coke spoon with a tassle and doodad on the other end for decoration. Got to an asian supermarket, preferably Korean or Japanese, and look for packages of two of these guys near the hand soap and personal goods.

Alternately, open your nearest box of Lego Technix, select a long pnematic rubber tube, and insert one end in your ear and the other in your mouth. Make a seal on both ends and suck suck suck.

Always sterilize these things before putting them in yer ear. I piss on my equipment first.

Anybody else find it amusing that the scuba diving thread and the ear problem were right next to each other?

Nope.