Earth: 2150 - Lost Souls and Conquest: Frontier Wars

Perhaps you two should get a private room to enjoy each other all the more thoroughly.

My computer starts smoking whenever Tom and Wumpus are pulling down quotes from 2 posts up on a thread. Good Clash of the Qt3 Gods though, I like it. I’m not including you BK.

bah, this thread is limp compared to the counterstrike wumpus vs chick thread.

and in TA you CAN have units come out of a factory to a control group. Meaning, all units from factory A will be under control A. You just have to put a factory to a ctrl group… iirc that is… Or maybe it was TAK?

etc

and in TA you CAN have units come out of a factory to a control group.

Right, but apparently you can’t have specific types of units go to different groups. I don’t recall how units were built in TA, but in E2150, you tend to have a generic factory that churns out all your units. You can shunt units by type into different groups even if they come out of the same factory.

-Tom

You’re correct here, Tom. There were four types of units (air, sea, vehicles, robots/kbots) and two levels of each, giving you eight different factory types. Any given factory could be assigned a group number, and all of the units it produced would go to that group, even if they were of different unit types. So a vehicle plant creating missle launchers and assault tanks could not split the two into different groups.

I am still having trouble following both Tom and wumpus. What are these so-called “units” and Factories" of which you speak? Must be some kinda crazy game guru tech lingo that I am not used to reading.

LAYMAN’S TERMS PLEASE!!! Thank you.

My thread has beeen hijacked!

Yeah, it happens. I think QT3 has it’s own version of Godwin’s Law: “as a QT3 discussion grows longer, the probability of a discussion about Sacrifice approaches one.”

My thread has beeen hijacked!

Oops, we thought you were done with it.

But, really, is there anything else to be said about Lost Souls? Have you plowed through many of those annoying campaign missions? Are you figuring out the balance between rockets, machine guns, higher caliber cannons, and the more exotic beam weapons? Have you discovered Lunar Corporation’s resource harvesting advantage and how it completely skews any supposed economic balance among the three sides?

And, most importantly, are you availing yourself of the ability to assign units to control groups before they’re even being built? :)

-Tom

You’re all Lost Souls ! MUAHAHHAHA

:evil:
:D
8)

etc

Just to increase the on-topicity of this forum, I would like to add that Conquest: Frontier Wars was indeed a very good and sadly overlooked gem in the RTS genre. I’ll never understand why Microsoft gave this one away.