Earth Defense Force 4.1 & 5 - "The EDF deeeploys!", now with more mission repetition!

Wow, I actually got an Iron Rain ad on Youtube. I think that’s the first time they’ve ever given me a remotely relevant ad.

Ben playing Iron this the weekend.

I like the game, but I am not a fan of the economy. Both the progression and the ingame economy are hostile to the player and don’t seems to make much sense in a game with apocalypse level weapons.

Like, you can drop turrets, to do some area defense, but these cost the coins you need to buy upgrades. Why penalize the player for using the tools like that?.
Vehicles use the same system. Why?. Vehicle combat can be very fun, but the game penalize players that choose it.

Then the game have a system of revives, and when somebody dies and theres no revive coins, is automatic fail for the entire team. Why again?

A few of these things goes against the style of the game, make it harder in a unconfortable way.

Most of the playerbase seems to be japanese and chinese, and through the very limited emote system I can say these people are cool and a bit crazy. Good times.

EDF5 is launching on Steam this Thursday.

EEEEEEEEEOMG

This time, I promise to take you to a safe place.

My wife’s got my favorite meal waiting for me at home, so I better work up an appetite!

I really need to finish the PS4 version. Those giant alien spec forces guys are really tough, am stuck on a level where loads attack you.

EDF5 is out already, no waiting for the usual Steam release time. Launch sale price is $48. The download is 13.4GB, and 21GB installed.

Definitely waiting for a sale.

What sale, isn’t it already 20% off?

A. Deeper. Sale.

I was super interested in trying this series out until I noticed bunch of little DLC that cost more than the base game. Maybe I’ll pull a @BrianRubin and pick it up on super sale. Or get 4.1 which is $20. I’m bummed now.

4.1 is a great fucking time dude.

So, just don’t buy the DLC? I’ve never bought any of it.

I have to say, though, between 4.1 at $20 and 5 at $48, I’d definitely go 4.1. There’s a lot of QoL improvements in 5 but it’s still pretty steep at $50 unless you’re a series diehard.

Oh yeah, just glancing it looked like the Dragon Ball Z mode where you have to spend crap tons of money on DLC to get characters and whatnot. If it’s superfluous I’m cool with ignoring the DLC. Still, I’ll prob grab 4.1 on sale unless 5 goes on a big sale soon.

It’s almost always just a handful of weapons and maps. Given that both are plentiful and somewhat disposable in the main game, I’ve never felt the need to buy it.

5 is worth upgrading from 4.1 - blowing chunks of armor off the baddies is great fun! Plus the new aliens - the classes changed a little so get ready for that also. Wing diver weapons are quite different, for example. Still my favorite class but it took a little time for adjustment.

I am super excited about the revised Wing Diver. LOVED it in 4.1, can’t wait to try it here.

Was not expecting this:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-07-08-earth-defense-force-voxel-spin-off-world-brothers-heads-west-on-nintendo-switch-and-ps4

Saw that yesterday. Looks like fun. Did you watch to the end of the trailer?