Eastbound and Down, season four

I thought the season premiere was a really weak start, but I loved last week’s episode. The difference between them? Last week’s episode had a decent amount of Katie Mixon and Steve Little. And a little Ken Marino to boot.

Plus that whole Sports Sesh arc was pretty funny. I love a beatdown and humiliated Kenny Powers delivering someone a comeuppance.

-Tom

This show is such a guilty pleasure. I don’t even know why I like it so much!

Wow, this is still a thing? I tried watching the first episode once and got bored. Maybe I should try again?

If you got bored by the first episode, then it’s probably not your thing, because that’s the entire show. Kenny Powers is a motherfucking narcissistic asshole. God, that first season was awesome.

It’s cringe comedy in the same vein as…well…almost everything Ricky Gervais makes. I’ve found that women especially hate that genre, but there are quite a few guys who don’t enjoy “cringing” in their comedies. I feel the same way about it as I do almost any genre though: if it’s done right, I’ll watch it.

And Eastbound and Down is done right, imho.

Loved last night’s episode as well. Moar Katie Mixon! But are there actually water parks that serve shots? Because that sounds pretty awesome.

-Tom

What a finale.

The same last line as There Will Be Blood!

I wasn’t crazy about this season. It pretty much peaked with the waterpark episode. I prefer the family life stuff over the outrageous flights of fancy about the fall-and-rise-and-fall of Kenny Powers. But I was glad we got a whole lot of Katy Mixon this season. I also liked Ken Marino and Jillian Bell, who played Dixie, April’s uptight friend.

-Tom

Jeez, someone’s a Katy Mixon superfan up in here.

That’s why I feel season 3 was this series hitting its stride, since it introduces his surprise son, and kicks the (quite funny) family storyline into high gear – I got pretty damn tired of “Kenny does another outrageous thing” by the end of season 1.

Season four is definitely the best season of this show. I’d actually skip seasons 2 and 3 entirely.

Season 1 sets the tone, but man does that tone get old by Season 3. They change up the formula in Season 4, and family / Sports Sesh Kenny is the best Kenny, IMO.

Loved the Sports Sesh guy from The State.

The last episode definitely pulled out all the stops. Sacha Cohen as the network exec was quite an … entrance. Lindsay Lohan as his daughter, plus Alexander Skarsgard as his son. (Pretty sure Jeffrey Tambor had a brief cameo as the harpist for his “fix my marriage party” in an earlier episode, too?)

I liked season 3 a lot. Black Bike Week especially. Episode 20. The whole season was great though. I loved the shit between Kenny and Ivan.

Come on, Ivan vs. Guy from Sports Sesh? That’s not even a comparison.

I always regretted not watching this show when I saw the K-Swiss ads from Kenny Powers.

But now I have! Worth it, at least for S1 and S4.

I am top DJ