EB Games no longer selling used PC games?

Electronic Arts HAS shifted away from boxes and onto DVD-style cases. Everything they sell now comes in a double-wide DVD-size case. Battlefield 2 was the first.

DOMED!

Microsoft is doing the same thing with their PC releases now. Fable, Dungeon Siege 2, and Age of Empires 3 all come in those plastic cases as well, usually with a nice little cardboard sleeve around them. I like it.

Oh, yes–these are still CD releases. The cases are built with a tall spindle that can hold multiple CDs easily.

HFL99, Which EB!??!?!

The EB near me is also going to stop selling used PC games. I just found this out the other day. The manageer said it’s because of the merger with Gamestop.

It’s too bad. It’s always better for the consumer to have more choices. It also means it will be harder to find older games. I bought a used copy of X-COM in the last year in the original box after my copy disappeared over a move.

eBay will still be there for old stuff. That’s reasonably reliable depending what you’re after.

It’s lousy though. I’ve bought a lot of stuff I simply couldn’t find easily anywhere else through the used racks at EB.

–Dave

I confirmed this with a few local EB’s…no more used PC games. Luckily there’s still Interact, which is only a short drive away for me, and one URL away for you guys. ;)