EBGames: "Enjoy CoD2, or just don't get an xbox!"

Yeh. And any shortage doesn’t last as long as you’ve been led to believe anyway. With the whole PS2 shortage thing, one week later, it was pretty easy to get a hold of them. At least, it was where I lived at the time.

There are lots of rumors that there are going to be shortages of the Xbox 360 at launch. GamesIndustry.biz has this report on the numbers.

Xbox UK boss Neil Thompson has admitted that there could be Xbox 360 shortages this Christmas - but promises that Microsoft is doing all it can to get the consoles into shops as soon as possible.

"Xbox 360 is the hottest gift this Christmas and will be hard to find - but we’re working hard to ensure there’s a regular replenishment of stock to retail," Thompson said.

Microsoft offered no comment on rumours that the US will be getting precisely 1,098,200 units on launch day, which emerged after a forum poster on Team Xbox claimed he had received a copy of a booklet sent out to shareholders.

Rumors are that the UK will get 50,000 units at launch. Hopefully they will be able to replenish the stock regularly.

If this is true you can’t fault MS much for “manufacturing” a shortage. Pretty sure 1 million systems availible for launch day would easily make it the largest one ever.

That’s still pretty lame. What if you’ve already got CoD2 on the PC? I’m sure in their fine print somewhere they have a clause about reserving the right to make substitutions, but the only respectable decision would’ve been to rebate the cost of DOA4 to the customers or just give them a voucher for its eventual release.

That’s still pretty lame. What if you’ve already got CoD2 on the PC? I’m sure in their fine print somewhere they have a clause about reserving the right to make substitutions, but the only respectable decision would’ve been to rebate the cost of DOA4 to the customers or just give them a voucher for its eventual release.[/quote]

I was thinking more along the lines of “What if you didn’t want CoD2?” Now you are forced between getting a game you don’t want, or forfeiting the launch system you did want.

IMO, EB should’ve offered vouchers in place of DoA4, rather than forcing a radically different game down people’s throats.

I don’t know how long it’s going to take me to shake that tag. I haven’t posted a so-called “Whittalink ™” in ages now, unless you count that picture of the girl’s bottom which was actually quite tasteful thank you.[/quote]

How long will people keep bugging Kitsune about drinking urine?

Your rep is set.

Troy

Well I think it’s silly to buy any console bundled with any games on launch day (or any time, really), unless you get a discount on them because of it. Bundles aren’t to the customers’ benefit at all if they’re sold at the same price as the seperate items.

I don’t think people with day-1 console buying plans are making clear eyed economic descisions. They are deriving utility from (and basking in) the intangibles.

man that really sucks, on the subject of COD2, is it the exact same game as the pc version?
I would think that the voucher idea would be alot easier to implement then switching games, I wonder what would happen if COD2 is delayed for any reason.

I think the content of CoD2 Xbox 360 is exactly the same as the PC version, yes. There aren’t any extra levels or anything like that. You get Live play I guess, which is a benefit. Of course you’re giving up your mouse and keyboard, the preferred FPS control, if you go that route.

–Dave

If you have an HD setup it’s much better looking, but the content is the same.