Ebook Bargains

First I’ve heard of this genre, so I’ll give it a try. Thanks.

+1, really enjoyed this series.

Boughtened, thanks.

Does anyone have any book recommendations for the Prime Reading free books for the month?

I have already read Lord of the Rings and also part of Harry Potter with my son.

I have The Elegant Universe. Haven’t read that much but I like what I have read so far. Also picked up The Jekyll Revelation because it sounds like something I’ll enjoy.

Thanks, added them to my kindle.

Book 1 was great, 2 was meh, 3 was a little better, but I’d recommend just the first book.

I agree with your basic assessment, except I liked book three quite a bit. Book two seemed a bit out of sync with the rest of the series though. If you like the characters, the series is worth continuing but the first book is definitely superior to the other.

For reading with your son? How about the His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman?

Sorry I wasn’t clear. I ,meant a book for me. I was just mentioning which books from the list I already read. But it is good to have options for him too, so thanks!

It is a great series for anyone, adult or not!

I think the third was my favorite. Or maybe it’s because it was most recent in my mind. :)

I had a bout of insomnia last night and so finished The Jekyll Revelation. I liked it enough to look into the author’s other works.

I now know that a sleepless night is ~480 pages. :)

That is very sleepless. I’d have to be sleepless for a week to read that much - I’m a very slow reader.

Terry Pratchett’s Discworld book “Going Postal” is $2 at all the ebook retailers today.

Just a head up but Amazon has a ton of ebooks on sale for cyber monday: You can find them here:

Sorry but the links are not working and Ive tried several times to fix them.

If you click the banner on the upper right on Amazon that says “Shop Cyber Monday Deals” you will find the kindle deals link there

This one is a fantastic bargain, they have a compilation of the first three Philip Jose’ Farmer World of Tiers novels for $2

Hmm. That just takes me to a generic Amazon page, not specific to ebooks.

Same, but you can go to the book department and pick the kindle deals from the tab on the left there, lost amongst hundreds of other categories ;)

I’ve been hearing good things about Jason Schreier’s “Blood, Sweat and Pixels” and looks like the kindle version is on sale for $1.99.

Yes, I paid full price for it, and didn’t regret it.

I wish the book had more meat on it. More details of the kind that Geoff Keighley used to extract from developers back when he did his “last days of …” articles, and certain longer pieces by Polygon. It’s not as good as those, but it’s still pretty good. It’s especially good for the smaller indie developers, since they’re obviously more forthcoming, and those stories are generally meatier.