Ebook Bargains

I second that, it’s a good book.

Book doesn’t have Tom Petty, it can’t possibly be better than the movie.

I’m going to have to watch the movie one of these days. I’m a big fan of Brin, and out of all his books that I’ve read, the only one I found boring was Sundivers, and parts of Kiln People. All the others are very entertaining, including the Postman.

@Mark_Asher and others have praised this book repeatedly in various threads, I believe. I already own it from the last sale but haven’t read it yet. On sale for $3 today.

https://smile.amazon.com/Kings-Wyld-Band-Nicholas-Eames-ebook/dp/B01KT7YTXW/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=king+of+the+wyld&qid=1553355242&s=gateway&sr=8-1

The movie isn’t too bad, just one too many entries in the ‘Kevin Costner saves the world’ genre.

Tin Cup was my favorite of those.

At the small chance that no one here has read it yet (or wants a digital copy), Dune is two bucks on Amazon right now:

Cool, been meaning to re-read Dune stuff! Worth a couple bucks to have it on the Kindle.

How easy a read is Dune? I have trouble staying focused if the language is too awkward.

I didn’t have too much trouble with it when I read it back in the late 90s. There’s a lot of names that you won’t be familiar with, but things are explained fairly well.

Herbert’s writing style is very straightforward. The concepts and world-building are intriguing and can take some time to fully grasp, but the text is not. It’s a ton more accessible than Gene Wolf, for example.

The nice thing is that over the past 6 months or so there has been a sale on each of the Dune books. I’ve picked up Dune, Dune Messiah and God-Emperor of Dune each for $2. Just waiting for the Children of Dune sale now!

December of 2017 for Children of Dune. You missed it!

OK - got it!

Argh!

The Lost King for $1.99

90’s space opera. Described as a cross between Battlestar Galactica and Game of Thrones loosely.

I read and loved those books when I was a teenager, I’m genuinely curious if they hold up at all as an adult. I’ve found most things I loved back then don’t.

Thanks. I liked the Death Gate Cycle, so Ill give this a shot.

I don’t know guys, I dug the Dragonlance and Death Gate books, but I read the Star of the whatever books in college and I remember thinking they weren’t very good. But that’s been a while and I don’t remember exactly why.

The only thing I remember about those books is that they had some sort of knock-off lightsabers bonded to certain individuals.