Eco [Global survival game]

So, can someone confirm my impressions are correct here:

1. You should buy Eco on Steam (or it’s only available there)
  2. It’s still early access
  3. Lowest price is going to be $30, there aren’t coupons somewhere to buy from GMG or something
  4. Time commitment is “however much you want”
  5. Low activity won’t make the other people on the server hate you
  6. It has a lot in common with Minecraft so if you liked Minecraft you’ll probably like this and vice versa

Thanks!

Sort of. It depends on what you liked about Minecraft. If you most liked the dungeon crawling/exploration part, Eco doesn’t have any of that. If you most liked creative building and gathering, Eco does have that, but you might get frustrated with some of the limitations it imposes on you (you have to stay fed to work, and hard work burns through food quickly). If you liked being part of a server where you and a bunch of other people were all trying to build a city or a base or whatever, then you would probably like Eco a lot. It has a lot of systems that guide you toward where to contribute and reward you for contributing.

I would say your other impressions are correct.

Well I am champing at the bit for Star Dew valley to go MP, next month they say,and I know they’re not the same but some times I just like just… doing stuff not fighting stuff.

Thank you. I typically avoid EA but maybe I’ll give this a go with the rest of you. My group will never be big enough or active enough or even stick with it long enough to do something like this.

looking forward to it!

I don’t have any time for new games for the next two weeks. Will it be too late to join by then?

Are you guys going to play with voice chat?

Oh no. Tell me this isn’t voice chat. Can’t we send letters or something in mailboxes someone will make?

There’s text chat. You can set up contract boards to entice people to gather things for you. You can buy and sell things without communicating.

Some servers use external voice chat like Discord for efficiency of communication, but I can’t imagine it’s necessary.

(also, I grew up playing games where, if you wanted to talk to someone, you had to stop moving and type it out, dammit)

Yeah, not too fond of voice chat, myself, unless it’s really necessary.

you dont have to use voice at all

Server name is Qt3, message me for Password

also - http://172.245.17.162:3051/index.html

We got our work cut out for us

Holy crap, we can observe the meta while you play? That’s awesome!

Who did you decide to host with?

I’m not sure how far-reaching the law system is, but can we pass a resolution to name the meteor “Tom Chick”?

Better yet: Tom Chick’s Review

Then you’d need to name the planet Metacritic.

Oh right. I forgot about the meteor piece. I’m going to have to buy this game and just…do it.

PingPerfect. It was about the same as the others

I’m WhiteListing any users I see on, so you SHOULDN’T have to use the password next time you’re in. If you do, let me know, as I might have missed someone

I made an ECO chat channel on my discord channel. It’s text, so you don’t have to talk at all!

message me for an invite