Eco [Global survival game]

It’s soil and temperature. I am this close to getting a Soil Sampler, I think, so I can finally figure out what plant needs what and where to grow it.

Aka you can’t expect to grow everything in the same place… apparently.

Fish are super heavy. With my traps I have to go out carrying only a hammer and literally nothing else. Smack the trap, then replace the trap. I can usually hold two traps worth of fish before I have to go back to my fishery and start a cleaning job, but I have the increased carry ability.

Aaaw, man it doesn’t look like I can soil sampler the land of others. that sucks. I am not taking anything, just want to check it out!

I could easily nerd out with this sampler. I’ll try to hold back.

Hey, welcome Iz! Sorry I’ve been away some. So, someone needs to open up a food store soon. I will help you! Who is interested?

Note - we are close to making currency, so that’s exciting and is a way for us all to share our production!

I will need access to the anvil in the McMaster Mines in order to create a sawmill. Can be done whenever!

Thought I gave it to you. I’ll get in and do that

So as for things you need a house with the 4 room types, such as a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and general room is a good start. Also if you build a store or buy one and set it up you can sell people fish from your house to try and get the things you need. I know i currently have a store set up selling food but it is my sons account so since I am at work it will be running out shortly so people should be wanting fish then. Also when we get minted currency trading should be much easier as people who lack a way to trade you what you need or want can use the currency to do it.

A trick with fish traps is to build a platform above them with a chest on it. When you look at chest you should be able to see the fish trap and move the stuff in fish trap to chest.

Just opened the door on my house, got pinched between the door and the wall and was fired into outer space. So high I couldn’t even see the ground any more.

So I’m going to just push the meteor out of the way while I’m up here.

That’s the spirit!!!

I signed off and back on and I wasn’t in space any more, but I was jammed through my own roof.

I used /unstuck and it dropped me back into the door, which promptly fired me forward into the sea. I call it my Excitement Door.

is the fish/shoots combo going to be good forever? I’m very much pushed into fishing, to the degree that I have something like 1,500 charred fish, if I start churning out the shoots stuff too is food production going to move beyond me into four course roast dinners?

I don’t know what later stuff looks like (or if there even is later stuff), but I would imagine that shoots and fish will always be good. With just those two, you start to run a little short on carbs, so I think some kind of baked good would help bring you back in balance. I think Nesrie might have been looking at baking.

Fish, greens, and a little bread make for a good balanced diet in game and also in real life.

Apparently we need flour to bake, so last night I began to pursue the milllwork stuff, it’s under farming which I already have. I am still willing to do baking but if someone else wants to do it that’s fine. I changed my O to reflect the change.

Also I am grabbing random pieces of land to try and repopulate and grow food in good places, Camas population is actually kind of low although we haven’t lost any of our species… yet

Once I build a couple of sawmills, I will be able to make kitchens, too – not sure if that’s something people have been waiting on or not.

I need lumber for the research bench and some stuff going forward

We’re going to be drowning in lumber starting tonight, I promise you!

Who is doing boards still? I can salt baskets now too, furniture for the kitchen as well.

Hey for food you can get away with eating just campfire or even raw stuff if you want. The higher tier foods have a higher calorie value and also give a larger bonus to Skill Points earned but they come at a much greater material and time cost, so it will come down to if the players value cheap food and convenience over high quality food.

So higher foods is less resources for greater calories, fat, carbs and etc right? The reason I ask is I look at our species count and some of our food plants are already on the lowish side so it seems like to keep those we need to manage them better, planet more, eat less… maximize output. Is that not the case?

Hey, this is from Iz