Edge is slowly driving me mad. Twitch hitching in HTML5

No dice on the cached data.

And no, no third party firewalls or anti-virus.

No firewall or AV here besides Windows Defender. Clearing the cache had no effect.

When the hitches occur, I’m not seeing any CPU spikes in Task Manager, but for some of those hitches I do see Cortana momentarily jump up the CPU-sorted list. I know she has hooks in Edge, but again, I don’t see any spike in resource usage when it happens.

Edit: Firefox is now using 20-25% CPU on Twitch streams compared to 40-45% when I tested the other day, and overall system performance is improved. No idea why, but I guess I can give up on Edge and its issues now.

I was going to give Firefox a shot as a dedicated Twitch streaming browser, but during installation it can’t proceed because it needs Nero Express or some crap.

I feel like I went back in time. I can’t install a browser because they need some other thing that’s not on my machine to install said browser?

I Googled the problem. Someone else had the same thing and everyone told him it would install without it.
Except, you know, it doesn’t.
Awesome.

Edit: Apparently it’s actually installed despite saying in a big splash screen that it explicitly didn’t install. Whatever, I’ll take it. So far it hasn’t hitched so here’s hoping.

What? I just installed Firefox not that long ago at the office and it needed no such thing. Make sure you are downloading it from the correct source web page, and not some “ad” revenue site from your Google search.

100% sure.

Like I said, it didn’t seem to matter it worked and installed even though it said it didn’t.

Heh. I’ve got nothing to add, really, except I know video hitching drives me absolutely crazy.

Two years ago, when I bought this Alienware rig, I set it up right out of the box with zero modifications. It played games perfectly. It did everything perfectly. I was pleased as punch.

Until I finally decided one night to watch a movie on Amazon Prime. Micro-hitching galore ensued (a single micro-hitch every fifteen seconds or so. My girlfriend couldn’t notice it, even when I pointed it out to her, but it was driving me mad). Youtube did the same thing. No problems with my old computer, but I was using Chrome with my old rig, and Edge with the new rig.

So I installed Chrome, and used that instead. Same thing; micro-hitching every time I played any kind of video.

I just lived with it. It wasn’t that bad, I kept telling myself.

Then, with the latest Chrome update (whenever that was, a couple months ago, maybe more?), the hitching vanished. No hitching anywhere. -shrugs-
No help to you, I know. Sorry. Just saying I can relate, I guess.