Edwards & Kerry beat Bush among 'likely voters'

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-02-18-poll_x.htm

Democrat John Kerry holds his largest lead yet over President Bush in a head-to-head match-up among likely voters, a new USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup poll concludes, and rival John Edwards also holds a double-digit lead over the president.

The poll, taken Feb. 16-17, indicates that if the election were held today, Kerry would be chosen by 55% of likely voters, compared to 43% for Bush. In the last polling, Feb. 6-8, Bush held a 49-48 advantage.

Edwards, Kerry’s sole remaining major rival for the Democratic nomination, holds a 54%-44% advantage, the poll indicates. The question has a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Wait… the President isn’t a sure fire winner? WHO KNEW?

Let’s not forget, we’re talking about the president who’s never won a presidential election by popular vote. So anything can happen.

Why do we need the damned Electoral College again?

So that empty rural states can have a disproportionate effect on the outcome?

Whatever. All I know is that my vote doesn’t count. Why? My senator is Rick Fucking Santorum. You tell me.

You mean [i]this[/i] santorum?

You mean [i]this[/i] santorum?[/quote]

That’s the one :(.

What about unlikely votors, like Garden Gnomes or Puppies? I want to know where they stand, damnit.

In the garden. Duh.

Down with the Boosh Cartel! Man, I’d vote fer Elmer Fudd instead…

Don’t read too much into these premature polls. Sitting Presidents almost always drop in popularity while the opposing party holds its primaries. If the usual trends hold, Bush will get a bounce once he starts actively campaigning. The size of that bounce will be something to watch closely.

You mean this santorum?

heh, fun bit from that site:

I thought you might like to know that santorum is mentioned in the March issue of Jane Magazine. It’s on page 63 in an interview by Joshua Lyon with Sarah Polley about “Dawn of the Dead”:

Lyon: I heard you did a take where you referred to some old coffee as “santorum,” columnist Dan Savage’s new term for a mixture of lube and fecal matter, named after homophobic U.S. senator Rick Santorum.

Polley: [Cracks up.] We did. I doubt it will make it in.