Edward's speech

Jesus, where did this guy come from? It’s like listening to a movie version of politics. Totally amazing.

He stumbled many, many times, rushed through many things, and what was the deal with his hair?

I was expecting more.

It wasn’t a terrible speech, but he’s certainly no Obama.

I don’t mind that he stumbled or rushed here and there. he is still a quality speaker and he brings some of the idealism I need to see present in the process not to completely despair over American politics.

Supposedly he’s been battling a cold and almost lost his voice, so I thought he did okay if that’s true.

Huh, interesting. I saw a video after the fact of Obama and thought he was pretty good - but then I listened to Edwards on the radio and thought he blew him out of the water. Fun with different mediums…

The candidates have a very different mission than Obama did. It’s their job to lay out the platform and the plans that a new administration is going to take on. It’s a chance to show that they’re serious and presidential, and that they’ll be delivering good news come the state of the union.
On that scale I think he did just fine.

It’s pretty amazing though. On Monday everyone thought that Clinton would be the high point of the convention. 24 hours later it was Obama. I’m sure everyone was hoping that it could continue straight through to Kerry, every night building on the last.

But compared to Bush? These guys are all amazing orators. Bush just isn’t.

If you watch the speech again, look at his mouth. I’m guessing if you turn the sound up you can hear all his spit dry up. Boy has some serious cotton mouth and that led to his stumbling. Nerves I guess. Terrific writing and delivery though. This is one hell of a convention so far.

He’s a much better speaker with small crowds. He did fine though. People that can speak to so many with no nervousness at all aren’t human anyway.

It’s hard to be a great orator when you have a look of triumph on your face everytime you manage to pronounce a word with more than three syllables.

[quote=“Jason_Levine”]

It’s hard to be a great orator when you have a look of triumph on your face everytime you manage to pronounce a word with more than three syllables.[/quote]

I lolled. This is a funny day over at qt3.

I guess we will never be rid of os so clever slogans or song titles repeated over and over pep rally style.

They have all seemed to pull off their parts well and ratcheted up the bar with each speech. Hopefully, that bar is not too high for Kerry.

The future’s so bright that you gotta wear shades.

A genuine concern, since he’s never been a dynamic speaker. And alright we know his Vietnam record already. I understand his “band of brothers” is going to be on the podium tonight. They’re really going to beat this dead horse into a pulp.

Kerry was in Vietnam!?!?

Kerry was in Vietnam!?!?[/quote]

Uh no. Not that I know of.

Kerry was in Vietnam!?!?[/quote]

Actually, he was on a boat and never set foot in-country! It’s all a fake!

Actually, he was on a boat and never set foot in-country! It’s all a fake!

I demand satis-fiction!