Elden Ring: a thread specifically for spoilers

Huh, I never tried using two different staffs at the same time. You get the buffs from both?

Oh yes, yes you do. You get the scaling of whichever one you cast with, and the buffs from both you have equipped.

Which one is used to cast with? I mean, I can hold a staff in either hand, and when I cast a spell it works.

If you are dual-wielding, you get the scaling from the right-hand staff, and any buffs (and associated debuffs) from the left-hand staff. In Walla’s example, it is optimal to have the right-handed Carian Regal Scepter (maxxed at +10) in the right hand, with the meteorite staff in the left. The right hand does the casting.

This works with all the staffs. I believe the same trick works for seals, too, but I have not tested it.

A useful trick I’ve read about after I finished the game (sigh):

• equip Shabriri’s Woe talisman
  • summon mimic
  • remove Shabriri’s Woe talisman

Shabriri’s Woe talisman attracts enemies’ aggression and can be found relatively early in the game. As a result, mimic will be tanking for you and you are free to dps.

I wish I thought of this earlier :)

Yeah, if I want my Mimic to be in full-tank mode, I put on Bull-Goat armor and Shabriri’s Woe to let it soak up hits. The main downside is that my Mimic is overloaded and it literally takes a few extra minutes to wait for the Mimic to catch up to me/opponents when walking or fighting anywhere.

I honestly thought that when I fought a Mimic, finally, that was the moment. I would finally get a mimic that you guys have been talking about here for months. But no, no mimic. And then I fought a double set of enemies that were mimics of each other. And I thought, “ah here we go boy, this is it. This is the moment”. That was not the moment.

It’s as if the designers of this game knew how popular the mimic would be, and that people would talk about it, and they want to tease you in advance that you might get one, and then pull the rug. Genius.

The Mimic Spirit is farther along the path from the first mimic fight. Down by where you get the knife Ranni wants.

I figured. Just the way they tease, I figure it’s further along this path. I think a bear put a stop to my progress down that path.

Did anyone else hate the whole Nokkron and related areas? I’m dreading going back there just cause I was eternally lost and it was so drab.

I’ve been doing a thing with the Mimic since I realized they materialize with whatever you’re equipped with at the time of summons but you can adjust yourself later and they will not. So I arm myself with Rahdan’s Greatbow so the mimic uses it and then put on my preferred melee weapon. It’s surprisingly effective. A little like Loretta except more mobile.

Compared to constantly falling off the haligtree I didn’t mind it at all.

I don’t think this is a spoiler: I went into the NW corner of Caelid (gahhh!) Level 62, Moonveil at +5, Meteorite staff. Seeing my spells are not one shotting over here. Anyway, I went into a ruins like area with a lot of guys on fire, OK. I can handle that, but then there are two big Koolaid Giant guys, huge pots on wheels it looks like, and they shoot fire. A lot of it. Rock Sling barely touches them. When I managed to get in close and get some whacks on them they hit me with a fire shot while I’m close/under that one shots me.

Since Rock Sling doesn’t touch them, Headless can’t same to do well against them (only got her up to +2, having a hard time finding the ghost wort or whatever that I need to move her up) - what’s the best strategy?

If you can get behind them you will see a guy driving the thing and you can kill him, killing the machine.

I think when I ran into the area you are at Zi just ran from them. But the same enemy will show up later.

So today I beat the Elden Beast twice, once with a summon and once with just my mimic. So I have now done the three main endings.

I still need 6 achievements to 100% but I will probably give it a shot.

You know, I knew to run behind it but it never occurred to me that someone was driving it that I could get to! Thanks. (duh!)

I noticed it after someone else commented on it I think. The wiki mentions jumping on top of it but that is hard to do.

The best thing to do is use the backstab option. From there, follow up with swipes (make sure you retarget him) and then they’re dead. After the backstab, those swipes keep him off balance so he can’t drive away. To get a good backstab, just make sure he’s targeted and you’re somewhat centered behind him. To get there a lot of times I just keep circling around. You’ll memorize their attack patterns pretty quick.

If you’re running any kind of a sorcerer, ambush shards are great for them