Elden Ring: a thread specifically for spoilers

There is a beach due west of where you emerge at the start of the game. Also a cave to explore. IIRC the merchant there on the beach sells a bow.

Heā€™s underneath a big chunk of colosseum on the beach, up against the cliffside I believe.

Also, donā€™t miss out on that gravity sword guy when you first start playing. That was a fun fight! Very unique. I havenā€™t encountered anyone else like him in the 100 hours I played.

By the way, playing as a character who canā€™t do magic, or have any arrows or bows yet, man, I really feel the lack of any ranged options right now. Like I find myself jumping with the horse to try to catch flies. And those dungeon fights against the little gargoyles is a lot tougher, especially when thereā€™s many of them.

Once Iā€™m finally through the newbie peninsula, I canā€™t wait to finally reach the meeting place thing where you can buy Faith spells. Hopefully theyā€™ll have some good offensive faith spell options. If not, maybe Iā€™ll have to wait until I get those dragon spells later in the game.

I remember I used Lightning Bolts quite a lot, before I got to bloodflies and stuff like that. Pretty sure it can be found somewhere in the world ( a hollow with a shitload of bats, herbs and random lightning strikes comes to mind, but not a clue where that was exactlyā€¦)

who what now? I could have sworn I had explored all of the starting area!

You have to drop down to the beach thatā€™s just south of the starting area. In order to do that you need to go further South a bit, and look for one of those air pocket things that lets Torrent safely jump down long distances, thatā€™s how you get down to that beach.

Not far from the cave to get the sewing kit? Iā€™ve been all around there lol.

I know what I am doing today after workā€¦

I got some Faith spells for my confessor. Thereā€™s one called Catch Flame which seems completely worthless. And then one called Flame Sling thatā€™s actually pretty good! I used Flame Sling to beat Mr. Misbegotten, and itā€™s a pretty decent spell for trying to get things from a medium to close distance. Phew. Nice to have a ranged option again. Iā€™ve been without since I ran out of arrows a while back.

Oh, also, I started using this huge Club I found thatā€™s comically large that looks like it belongs to a cave man. I really like it! It swings nicely and damages multiple creatures in front of you, so itā€™s good for when Iā€™m swarmed by rats and things.

I have yet to use faith incantations. But I think pyromancy and dragon spells are faith based in ER. Also later lightening spells.

Big weapons are now the thing in ER. Slow, but powerful.

I rarely care about game achievements. I just PLATINUMED Elden Ring! 300 hours and three different characters/endings.
elden ring platinum

Nice. Thatā€™s quite the accomplishment! Well done.

Yeah, I played a Pyromancer in DS1 and 2 and 3, so playing a faith based character feels surprisingly familiar to me so far, because of those games. But playing a Strength-based character is new to me. Iā€™ve not done that before in any of the Souls games.

Now that I have my strength built up to 23, and I actually like using this club, I think Iā€™m going to stop increasing my strength for now, and work on Faith, so that I can use more pyro spells. I already found one this morning that requires 16 faith, and I only have 14.

Congrats. The previous games required you to venture deep into NG+ or ++ to 100% them. ER requires three endings, and the memory to grab the item in Leyndell before you burn it down. :)

With research, planning and the ā€œfunā€ of maintaining and downloading (but not uploading) cloud saves, one can knock out all the endings in a day LOL.

I had a setback when my save file was just before the Hoarah Loux fight and not where I thought itā€™d be (just before picking the Macguffin to use at the end).

I did the same thing. I did all three endings off one base save but it was further back than I thought it was.

As a result it took me another week to get endings 2 and 3.

I found Patches. And this time I tried opening his chest!

It was a transport trap. LOL. I wonder if heā€™ll be pissed at me now and I canā€™t buy from him anymore?

I knew backing up my save was a thing, but I had too much fun playing this game and doing different start/charaters. My second play through was as a wretch. I ended up doing great sword/faith. For my third play through it was as the hero class. I used big swords to bonk everything. I probably fought Melania 30 times before I got her down. Malekieth was a damn nightmare.

It is weird how different bosses can be when you fight them with a different build. I had more trouble against Melania as a mage even with Uber OP spells. She doesnā€™t stand still. I canā€™t imagine trying to bonk her with a big slow weapon.

Overall being a mage was easy mode once you get 20% into the game, but without melee skill and +10 moonveil I couldnā€™t have beaten several of the tougher end game bosses.

He is one of the six bosses or so that I have pending to fight.

How itā€™s going for me. A summary:

https://i.imgur.com/55mGcb3.png

The armor is the default vagabond knight armor except for one piece, the greaves. For now, the rest were better than the stuff I have found.
Weapon wise, I went from Broadsword, to upgraded (+3) broadsword for a while, finally I changed to the Dismounter (greatsword) and now I am with Bloodhound Fang that is a greatsword with a blood effect.
I have a greataxe, but given the high str requirement, it doesnā€™t seem to be that good.

The map is in this state
https://i.imgur.com/HQN5boU.jpeg

I beat the boss guarding the entrance to the castle, but I decided to first finish exploring to the South before venturing more to the North, as that seems the ā€˜main questā€™ direction.
Every green sword icon is a boss I still have to beat: the troll in the mine, Patches, some kind of golem, the dragon in the small lake, etc. I have already a bit south of that screenshot in the Peninsula, but I still have to explore other areas before going to the castle at the south.