Elden Ring: a thread specifically for spoilers

The Elden Trees.

I ended up playing most of this Sunday. Compensating the fact I barely touched it during the weekday.
I killed Mohg, and man, that really took a good number of tries, unlike other bosses. Lots of xp as reward. I also advanced on the Miquellaā€™s Haligtree up to the second save point, and believe me, I had to do like 20 times the first part, from all the times I fell off the branches. I disliked how pitiful were some of the loot from hard to reach places. :/

So to finish the game, finally, I have to finish the Haligtree and the last area, the crumbling whatever.

The Haligtree the first time is a real bitch.

Most of my deaths up there were ā€˜self inflictedā€™, reaching the second save point wasnā€™t that hard. But as Iā€™m doing a fairly completionist run, Iā€™m exploring all and trying to to all the loot I see. That meant exploring all the branches, doing some mortal jumps to reach a pair of stashes that were in hard places. fighting in narrow parts against the enemies, etc.

I will find the next Grace and then go back for the shiny stuff. That way when I die several times it doesnā€™t bother me.

The Haligtree is the hardest zone in the game by quite a margin. Of course itā€™s all optional, so that makes sense.

Kinda makes you think what they might do with DLC bosses and areas. In past games they have had the best and toughest boss fights.

So NG+ has been pretty disappointing so far. I havenā€™t played it in any DS games, so I donā€™t know how they compare. Basically, it seems like Iā€™m vastly overpowered and donā€™t understand what the point is. I beat both Margit and Godrik easily within like 30 minutes of starting it and Iā€™m considering whether or not to continue. I may end up shelving the game for a while and maybe start a new game later this year (or whenever DLC is released).

I will say that after playing through the game and watching a bunch of lore videos, the beginning of the game actually makes a lot more sense. That said, there are still plenty of unanswered questions with the story. Iā€™d be willing to bet that future DLC will somehow relate to Miquella somehow.

In my previous game I beat all of the demigods except Malenia. It kind of sucks that you can only see one ending per game (after all, you can just watch them all on Youtube).

We canā€™t get our obligatory big dragon fight since weā€™ve already had them.

I assume weā€™ll get a fight thatā€™s insanely hard, but now with Elden Ring input reading and staggered attacks, and then people will beat it by spamming Weapon Arts at it anyway.

NG+ in DS were actually pretty good. They often had extra enemies and content too.

Elden Ring has literally nothing. Same stuff, enemies are slightly tougher, but as youā€™ve seen the whole beginning is pretty faceroll easy. Some people say it gets better at the end, some say it sucks until NG+3, others say it always sucks.

Itā€™s weird that something theyā€™ve historically done quite well is less than an after thought to them this time around. They basically just added hit point and damage multipliers and nothing else it seems.

The real option is, as you surmised, to start a new run and do new things. Probably after a break.

For all the dis-like of DS2 Scholar edition, it really has the right idea about NG+. It adds additional enemies and relocates others. So you canā€™t assume you know where things are.

NG+ in ER is really easy until the last third of the game when you get to the tougher bosses anyway. If you decide to stop you could always collect items for when the DLC comes out.

To be fair, Elden Ring is at least double the base play time of Dark Souls and co, really an absurd amount of content, so for the most part I forgive them for not doing a good job with NG+. Except for the part where they technically want you to do it to see all the endings. If youā€™re not going to design the game to scale and maintain interest properly through NG+, then you should make it possible to see all the endings in one playthrough without save file manipulation.

On PC you can via manual saves. I guess on consoles you donā€™t have that option.

It is done

(I used the Rivers of Blood sword that I read it was especially good against her, but I wonder if I could have done it with my usual build, with a bit of patience).

ok: Iā€™m on the Elden Beast fight. This is it.
117 hours played, level 177.

Congrats, she is probably the toughest boss in the game. What with her having the waterfowl attack I think any weapon is legit against her.

Iā€™m pretty sure this will be a piece-of-cake for you after beating Malenia.

Iā€™m having more problems with Alecto than with her, lol.

Yes, he is bad ass. And you have to do it solo.

This might have been patched out, but when I defeated Alecto, I stood on a specific rock that they have a hard time attacking.

Commander Niall was hands down the hardest boss for me. I was probably under levelled and just kept trying until I beat him instead of coming back later.