Elden Ring: a thread specifically for spoilers

Rykard phase 1: that’s it?

Rykard phase 2: what is happening?

I love gimmick bosses like this so I thought it was great.

I took a peek at the global achievements after this and it’s interesting that I skipped the boss that most people go to first.

Afterwards I tried out my new recusant finger in the little tunnel and then realized this was probably the meanest, most selfish thing I could ever do. So I stopped.

For anyone that does casual PvP like the blue hunter’s ring but doesn’t really have a build setup, I’ve found that adding the Bloody Slash ash of war to my basic longsword is enough to put a serious hurt on people. It does maybe double the damage or more, though it scales with Arcane so it’s not fantastic.

I rarely bothered with ash attacks because I wanted to save my FP for dog friends. This is a simple way to mix things up in casual PvP.

You get it from the knight at the end of Fort Haight.

I found another teleportation trap, this time in the Southern Peninsula. The messages warned me about it ahead of time this time, so the sense of anticipation was really palpable. Oh man, it did not disappoint. What a view! I’m lost in a new land again!

They did a really good job with the various teleporting scenarios. It gives you a nice sense of wonder about the expansive world they’ve created.

I think I learned where that sent you by buying something from a merchant. Did that one send you way east?

Or is that the one by the Third Church? That one I just decided to take the journey.

Does anyone know how to get these items at the entrance to Nokron?

Try jumping.

(No, seriously, you can jump it.)

Thanks, it worked on second try when I took the gear off to get to light load!

There are a few places where that’s required. Surprising, but pretty simple.

Which bonfire is this near, by the way? I don’t recall seeing it. Or is it before you drop in?

[EDIT] Looked it up and found it. The answer is yes.

The nearest is Fort Haight.

think I might need help on Niall if anyone on xbox is confident in that fight.

Has anyone beaten the game yet? I need some advice. I’m 70 hours in, I have 4 main bosses down and maybe another 8 hours of game time left before my trip. Should I try to push forward into the forgotten city or is there still a ton of content left after that? By that I mean big quests and reveals.

I’d love to be able to complete 90% of the game so I can follow the spoiler thread while I’m out.

Tim,
I’m not sure what your level is at the moment, but if you are 70 hours in, I’m going to guess if you have not been to Lyndell yet, then do NOT rush. There is still a ton of game after that. Hell, you have only killed 4 of 10 main bosses if that puts it in perspective. Also, if you are a completionist, then there are a couple of things that you can miss out on if you push past certain points in the game. There is a lot to see in this game, and it’s going to be active… REALLY active for months. I would just enjoy doing what you are doing. The city itself has like 5-6 bosses in it I think when you get to all the crooks and crannies, 1 whole area that I totally missed and am going back to.

EDIT: For reference, I’m 90hrs in, 125 level, and I’m like 3 zones past that, with at least 2 more to go.

Yeah, I cannot stress how huge this game is - in all the best ways, so far.

Yeah, doing Ranni’s quest is…eye opening. It’s crazy to think that they locked access to so much content behind a quest that is relatively easy to miss. Ballsy move.

I decided to poke around again in the Weeping Peninsula because I wasn’t having any luck finding the big bosses in the other three zones I’m exploring, and I’m moping the floor with the enemies there at level 71. Managed to two-shot the boss in the mine there with my Moonveil Katana.

Oh yea, Weeping Peninsula is where people are sent if they are uncomfortable with the difficulty in Lingrave.

That’s perfect, thanks. If I was nearing the end I was going to push through. It sounds like there’s still a ton of content to go. I’m definitely a completionist and it sounds like the 89 hour estimate is way too low for that.

I’ll just squint my eyes in the thread next week while you all forge ahead. Maybe I’ll put @Timex on snooze for a bit. Haha. Sorry, man!

Arsenal +1 trinket is NICE.

Hey, you guys have been talking about all kinds of stuff without me while I’ve been working! I’m not even caught up with what you’re talking about!