Elden Ring: a thread specifically for spoilers

Margit - 10ish attempts.

The random unnamed knight with the sword and shield fifteen minutes later - 20 attempts and counting.

This happened to me. I got all the way backā€¦eventually. It was an okay ā€œha ha we got youā€, but I really wish it didnā€™t force me to see so much of the content so early. That part was a d$&@ move too far in my mind.

Screw that knight

Up to Godric and gonna take a break.

Wait. For my paladin/cleric I am going to need strength, health, stamina, faith, arcane, and mana? Thatā€™s a lot of skills to keep up.

Canā€™t you fast travel as soon as you are out of danger and/or a cave?

No, it would not let me fast travel. Iā€™m not sure why. It was totally my plan once I found a bonfire, but nope. Iā€™m hoping I didnā€™t break anything by first time passing without stopping on a lot of clearly story beat events.

I got caught in the teleport trap too. Quite exciting!

I spent most of tonight in the area where the teleport trap took me. This area is amazing!

Iā€™m also trying out the weapon I found right before I found the teleport trap. It required me to get 18 dex first and it doesnā€™t seem all that much better than my starting estoc.

You talking about the flail? Yeah that thing sucks.

Jesus Christ that huge bear scared the shit out of me!!!

First chest! Teleport trap. Fuck.

No, itā€™s a twin blade. Basically a pole with a blade on each end. Itā€™s ā€œspecial moveā€ is a circular slash or something like that, which is pretty lame. Still, I spent so much experience getting this much dexterity just to try out this weapon so Iā€™m going to give it a fair chance, damn it. It does have a more satisfying animation than the quick strikes of the estoc at least.

Huzzah! I did thisI

Nice. It took me a long time to finally clear that camp. That dude that wears the helmet is a bitch to kill. His spear animation is nuts with itā€™s plunge attack. It has way more reach than youā€™d expect. I also missed a set of stairs that goes down the first time I cleared the camp, so do go there if you cleared it, or even if you didnā€™t.

Happened to me. The area was initially tough but with some practice I got through it. Also, you could just run and get to a place you can fast travel in a minute if you explore some.

Iā€™m having a tough time even though Iā€™ve leveled up to 20 or so with my Vagabond. One one of my attempts my wolves killed him as I was dying, but not soon enough for me to get credit. Iā€™ve even upgraded my sword a couple of times. I donā€™t have any consumables to boost my sword though. It seems like I should be able to beat him at my level.

Iā€™ve given up on my wolf summons. I find that they just run in and die in a couple of hits, usually all at once because boss hurtboxes are so big.

I canā€™t remember where, but I found a summon that gets two knights, one with a sword and one with a crossbow. They proved much more resilient against Margit.

Yeah the wolves are meant for groups of weak enemies. They can distract and hit enemies to stun them. But then one AoE slam from a major enemy will kill a couple of them.

Makes sense, but out of the summons I have they have done the best. I have the wolves, a jellyfish, some shambling men and a caster of some sort. The caster dies super fast. Maybe I can keep Margitā€™s attention better.

Donā€™t count the jellyfish out. Her attacks do poison damage, and if you can keep a boss away from her, she can sneak in some decent damage.