Elden Ring - George R.R. Martin and Hidetaka Miyazaki

I played PS5 up through patch 1.03 or 1.04 and didn’t encounter any unresponsive parts.

Should be triangle to dismiss the message on PS.

Dying to forgetting to dismiss the message is such a universal experience that I’m convinced this has to be another case of From trolling the players. There’s just no way they actually could have missed it during playtesting, or not understood how annoying it is.

I’ve died to that a bunch in Bloodborne. It’s 100% an intentional troll move to leave it in.

Further Seluvis chit-chat

There is a Magic Scorpion Charm you can get from him and so far, in all my play throughs, I have failed to ‘keep him alive’ long enough to receive it.

Further PvP chit-chat

Had a wonderful several hours of playing my main yesterday. Now on another NG+ (4? 5? am losing track) I have a few goals in mind. I have had some success recently at finding PvP a’la invasions/hunters but all day Sunday it was off the charts. Specifically, when in and around Liurnia (west of the crab shack, south of the academy) there was non-stop invasions when I enabled Taunter’s Tongue.

Earlier in the day it was 100% me being invaded and I don’t think I was summoned to support anyone despite having the blue ring (and the white ring) enabled. And it was literally non-stop. There was no point in trying to do anything else when I enabled the tongue. So I just hung around spawning PvP invasions. I loved it! And I’m on record as wanting nothing to do with PvP but this was so much fun. Later on in my evening session there was a mix of me being summoned to help others who were invaded (blue) even when I had the tongue enabled but again, either way, invasions were pretty much the rule and non-stop.

So, I suck at PvP, but it was still fun even when I lost. Had some amazing fights. Generally if I was invaded, I tried to be on high ground and spot the invader coming. Give them a wave to let them know I’d seen them. Then we’d bow and buff (a’la dueling) and commence the fight. If I could stay alive long enough a hunter would spawn to assist me and that was usually how I ‘won’; getting it to a 2 v 1 battle. But, of course, if it continues much further a second invader would arrive and there would be 2 v 2 battle. I think I’ll keep trying to do this rather than duels as I liked the variety and randomness and choosing a defensible spot.

As unexpectedly fun as the whole day turned out it was an amazing source of runes for my character. Levels start to get hard to come by and I started the day at around 272. I ended the day at 278 doing practically nothing but invasions. I tried to do the math but there was no way to track how many individual invasions there had been. But if I was the winner 25% of the time (and that would be generous) and was netting, on average I think, 100K runes, AND it is almost 700K to level… well. That was a lot of fighting.

I keep meaning to spend some more time on another character I’d stopped leveling at 137 to be focused on dueling and PvP but if I can get this kind of action at levels 270 and above I think I’ll just stick with it.

Liurnia is where in my game most invasions occur. If I do anything in the opening area it tends to be gankers having a fight club.

I like PvP but I don’t like the preponderance of one shot weapons and builds in ER.

I’ve finished the first part of Ranni’s quest, given her the treasure I found, decided to do some wandering and looking for upgrade materials (ghost gloveworts, somber smithing stones) to get my newly found mimic scaled up as well as my Moonveil and Carian Regal Scepter (seems you have to really get it scaled up to equal the Meteorite staff, and as much as I use Rock Sling not sure I want to give up the Meteorite staff. So a wandering I go. I found Baaird under a evergaol (sp) and got him out, talked to Iij and discovered there’s some stuff gonna happen. OK,

ANYWAY I started exploring some areas I didn’t completely cover before and I found my way underground to the Ainsel River Well Depths. Lots of fun exploring, and was surprised to find something cool besides ant tunnels. Managed to kill the rock throwing bug thing, and realized, wait, I’ve seen this area in a video when I was looking up the Wing of Astel. Which I REALLY want to go with my Moonveil. I look around and I see, it’s up on a rail kind of thing up above me. But no matter how much I explore, I cannot find a way to get there! I did find the map of the area and it looks like I might could approach it from a different direction, but I can’t see how to get there. Went on down the river, found the big area with the dragon boss, killed him, but that just seems to be dead end.

Is there no easy way to get to that blade from where I am???

IIRC you’ll need to come at it from a different angle, but it won’t be hard and you have just achieved the prerequisites.

• Do you remember there being an inaccessible section of the map near Ranni? Could advancing her questline have opened it up?

• Visit Renna’s Rise.

Yea, the Ainsel River area has two parts which don’t connect, although I think it may be possible to get from the second part to the first, but not the other way around. You have found the first part.

Eventually if you follow Ranni’s quest it will lead you to that second part, although the means may not be terribly obvious.

The Putrid Avatar in Caelid is such a pain. I think it took more attempts to kill it than any other enemy so far.

I did give up on the Astrel beast in the Consecrated Snowfield. That is such a stupid fight.

New Patch. Lots of changes. The major nerf is to Ash of War Bloodhound Step, which I haven’t heard mentioned at Qt3 before, I don’t think.

ELDEN RING: Patch Notes 1.06 | Bandai Namco Europe?

Rivers of Blood nerfed as well.

Not seeing that in the patch notes.

You certainly did if you followed my exploits punching Placidusax to death in the spoiler thread! It was the only way I found to avoid his god damned death beams in the second phase of the fight. I might have mentioned it before then because I ended up calling it BHS in the post I am thinking of.

Sorry. The Ash of War on it is “Corpse Piler”. So it’s a nerf on that RoB katana.

PvP guys hate Bloodhound Step.

Yea, they nerf ROB now that I decide to try it. Thanks Miyazaki.

OK, cool, managed to find my way to the other ruins and rock slinging bug, and got the Wing of Astel. If I have it in my left hand and my Moonveil in my right hand I can’t use the specials on the Wing of Astel, so I put it in my right hand to swap back and forth with the Moonveil, keeping my Meteorite staff in my left hand.

Even though I’ve only got my Mimic up to +3, when I went to clear out this second ruin in hopes of finding some Somber Stones and Ghost Graveworts. I decided to use him to clear the area. Wow. He and I using the Wing of Astel specials at the same time was a very impressive thing to watch as we cleared out groups of bad guys/things. Also excited that I found some higher level Somber Stones and Ghost Graveworts. Ran back to the round table only to realize I’m missing a couple of lower stones and ghost graveworts that I need to use the higher level ones. Argh!

Got to say, though, the speed and the specials etc. on the Wing of Astel, even at only +6, are impressive enough it has, for now, usurped the Moonveil for my main blade.

RIP corpse piler.

I have seen a video or two on this patch and the PVP guys are very happy. It also makes the bigger weapons more viable.

There are some caves and catecombs in western Altus Plateau that have items that should interest you. Also that second part of Ainsel River has a lot of higher level upgrades.