Elden Ring - George R.R. Martin and Hidetaka Miyazaki

Hm. That’s exactly like every other Dark Souls intro.

I’m looking forward to the gameplay footage.

Definitely not a GoT game =(

Would love to see From collaborate with GRRM on a game that brings the creepy Kingdom Death Monster world to life.

regarding trailers from From, for me they peaked with the Demon’s Souls’s’ trailer. Also the intro cinematic of DeS was great. Since then the trailers/cinematics got “worse” (not the games). I knew I had to buy DeS after the trailer. Sekiro Trailer was OK, I bought the game out of obligation to From.

Gameplay footage > Trailers.

Love this! So evocative of a mood and tone, this is how you sell videogames to me.

It’s terrible, but first thing I thought of when I saw the trailer…

Some leaks:

Mounted combat! Amazing.

Nice font.

Colour me excited. Mount & Souls!

Why run to the boss fight when you can ride a horse?

That whole smith and this ring thing is sort of evocative of Celebrimbor.

This game is still a long way out I am afraid.

More here. The footage is bad enough you might as well wait for the legit release.

I’m a little surprised how much the combat looks like Souls. Or rather, I’m surprised how much they leaned into it with the trailer.

Someone said on Twitter that was all old footage from last year, and apparently they’ll have a nicer looking one soon.

But either way it’s not really easy to show much of meaning in a trailer for any of their previous games, so it doesn’t mean much to me either way.

Though seeing streaks of Souls in the movement is somehow comforting.

That was pretty much a given for me after how seeing how much the corona virus driven shift to working from home impacted other Japanese developers. I doubt From Software were any differently affected by it.

That looked very Dark Souls which is what I was hoping for. It also probably won’t run on my computer, which is sad but I expected that. May be time for a new PC. :)

Same. That looked incredible - I’m so excited!

And a release date! Sure, it’s quite a ways out, but a date is still good to see.

Jan 21st, 2022 for those that don’t want to watch the trailer.