Elden Ring - George R.R. Martin and Hidetaka Miyazaki

Wouldn’t all these buffs effect monster attacks as well? Seems like they made the game more deadly all around. Now they just need to increase gravity by 1.5 times.

Generally even when enemies are using skills available to the player, they aren’t using player balancing numbers and aren’t affected by whatever changes they make. If it affects any enemies at all it’s probably just the NPC invaders.

The thumbnail sketch of changes, imo…

Bleed/Hemorrhage/Seppuku = nerfed.

Power-stanced (dual-wielded) weapons = nerfed.

Power-stance + bleed = heavy nerf.

Power-stance + other damage types that build up = nerfed. (But it’s the bleed builds that will feel it the most.)

Two-handed weapons buffed. Also, Great and Colossal weapons buffed. All weapons when two-handed will deal more poise damage. Great and Colossal weapons again have had attack and recovery times reduced.

Sorcery and Incantations by and large buffed whether by shortened cast times, shortened recovery times, or boosted damage.

Weapon arts = much the same as Sorcery and Incantations. In particular, previous arts that dealt damage from magic/elemental/etc. but did not calculate the weapon damage itself (if you struck your target) now grant both.

Armor as a whole has more poise now.

Great Shield blocking was nerfed. (uses much more stamina now I think)

PvP already had some separate buffs from PvE. Many of the talismans had different percentage buffs in PvE than PvP prior to the change they just changed weapon damage now.

It looks like Glintsone sorcery just got better while Dragon Breath stuff was downgraded.

A strange combination of stuff.

IIRC they changed bleed attacks a patch or two ago by reducing damage if you didn’t actually hit the target with your skill attack. ROB was so deadly because you could use it almost from distance and so they wanted you to actually make contact with the sword.

From just wanted to support the youtube Elden Ring build videos industry.

We need all new build videos now.

For sure, every YouTuber put out a video on it. Now they do videos showing the differences and what weapons and builds you should use.

Yep, last patch was the big ROB nerf. This patch ROB specifically got a bit of a buff, small damage increase (again, after having just been nerfed last match) but the build-up for Hemorrhage is longer now; doubly so in most cases as ROB builds were generally power-stanced builds and that also got nerfed.

Do we know how much they nerfed dual-wield status effect build-up? 10%? 50%?

Right now in ER I am at my version of having finished a game: at the end, annoyed by the final boss, will never touch it again.

That is one hell of a bug. I am curious how that bug actually came about.

As someone who has just started using that spell I have to agree with you. How would you notice that and why would it happen in the first place?

By the way, it still works pretty good.

I have beaten the final boss 4 times. Never solo, once with a mimic and three times with a summon. The final two fights can really frustrate you, with the beast being really annoying as it requires you to run all over the place.

I always respec before this fight (and then also take care of Malena if I haven’t already) and go with Fallingstar Beast Jaw; and then typically use the Mimic and do the thing where I wear the Woe of Shabriri during the Radagon fight and then quickly swap it for another before the Elden Beast so that now the Mimic has all the aggro. It’s just night and day doing it this way vs. any other way I’ve tried.

It really comes down to beating Radagon as quickly as possible so that you and, if you are using one, your mimic are at good health for the Beast.

I just don’t want to chase the Elden Beast around. Hard is fine, but the chasing is just annoying.

This is, for me at least, a common problem with games. The final boss is also the least fun boss.

I do agree. Having it move is one thing, having it fly around so you can’t see it half the time and can’t attack it is another.

And why is it the Elden Beast is the only thing in the game that can swim?

I finished the game for the second time and got my achievements to 95%. I need one more finish to platinum. I NEVER try to platinum games. This is a first. A 54 years old I’m also terrible at this game and have to make up for it with a lot of vigor and over powered weapons. My first playthrough was as a collosal weapon weilder. Second playthrough was with great swords. I guess for a third finish I should go for magic.

Nice work! Great to see how accessible this game is.

What’s your vigor at by the endgame, Crusis?

It was 55 with Faith at 45. I mainly used the Blasphemous Blade and the Gargoyle black blade dual wield. I used that combo from the fire giant on. I skipped Halintree on my first play through, but finished it and the boss on this one. It took 28 tries to kill freaking Malenia. There was only one big bad I was not able to kill this time around. Still frustrated that the guy outside of Maliketh was such a bastard. I probably tried 50 times to beat him even after I had finished the game. Ugh.