Elden Ring - George R.R. Martin and Hidetaka Miyazaki

Imagine if we like, could make love to the foozles.

I always wantd more romance options in my DarkSouls. Dont you?

Why can’t we talk to the monsters?

Lack of cross-play means I’m going to PC, as I suspect @ShivaX and I will co-op this at some point.

It’ll be cheaper and load faster on PC than PS4. Do you have a PS5, @Rock8man ?

I have a Series X. But also a new computer from last year that has a 3060 Ti and a Ryzen 5600X. So I’m good either way.

Xbox version will probably load a lot faster though. My fast SSD drive only really has room for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Also don’t forget the ability to just load it up probably years from now without having to hook anything up and probably still get in on some multiplayer. On the other hand by then it’ll probably be dirt cheap on PC anyway.

Every time there’s been a new reveal for this game, I’ve made a comment in this thread that I’m surprised how much it looks like Dark Souls.

Well, here’s another one, and I’m still even more surprised than I was before. Huh.

My 57yo butt just doesn’t want it to be as hard as a Dark Souls game so I can hope to enjoy it.

I do talk to them regularly with my Claymore, they usually understand what I mean, duh

This looks good.

I don’t think I’ve enjoyed a FromSoft game at launch since Dark Souls 2. Looking forward to playing this one alongside Qt3.

Yea, but I doubt the graphics on the PS4 version will be as good as the graphics on either the PC or PS5 versions.

I watched a little of this today and the one thing that bothered me was how bright and full of color it is. DS games should be dark and foreboding.

There is a ring in DS2 that lets you do that.

Good thing this isn’t a DS game.

1ec940435093f831e7d8ec980ebd9de3

It may not have DS in the name but it is DS. Without a doubt it could have been called DS4.

Huh!

I will be very curious to see if the Standard Miyazaki Theme of stagnation is present. I wonder how much influence Martin had on the underlying structure.

The ring can be used to hold a conversation ( or two) with an NPC that if you talk to enough will give you the DS2 version of the Ring of Favor +2.

Definitely one of my more wished for games in a while. Only watched a little video but it looks great.