Elder Scrolls Legends: Bethesda's F2P Digital CCG

That’s a bit troubling. The game remains really good to this day and they’ve done a good job adding cool new single player content which I’ve been happy to pay for. I’ve been doing a bunch of the challenges recently which are fun as well. I wish all the people who constantly complain about Hearthstone would give this game a chance, rather than continuing to hate-play and throw money at Blizzard.

I wish they’d get it on consoles. At least I have Fable Fortune to keep my warm.

Every time I try to play Fable Fortune, I play the same dude 3-4 times in a row then decide to move on. At any given time there seems to be nearly nobody playing. Shame since I like the game and it feels like a fun evolution of Hearthstone to me.

Basically I can queue up and have my fiancee queue up at the same time and we are guaranteed to match with each other every time so far. Great for completing quests, not so good for longevity.

I finally bailed after they added the ability to choose from three colors instead of two for one’s deck. To me, it felt like needless complexity (I reserve the right to be wrong, here) and coupled with a black-screen bug on my device after the update it felt like the right time to walk and never look back.

It is a super addictive game. Good times, though. Didn’t spend a cent on it b/c of the Zenimax lawsuit (I am personally a pretty big fan of Oculus and VR in general although I admit moderate skepticism is warranted).

Shots fired.

Welp.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollslegends/comments/e70lbu/an_update_on_the_elder_scrolls_legends/

We would like to provide an update on Legends in regard to new content. Our previous roadmap indicated we would be releasing one more set this year. We decided to put any new content development or releases on hold for the foreseeable future. This decision will not in any way affect the release and development of GAEA’s Asia-specific version of Legends, which is operated separately, but will inform our decisions on content and feature development going forward.

Until then, you can still download and play Legends on all existing platforms and compete online as well as in the single-player modes. We will also continue to support the game with monthly reward cards and regular in-game events. New expansions and other future content, however, are no longer under active development. We will continue to provide ongoing maintenance support.

To thank you all for supporting Legends these past few years, and for continuing to play with us, we are giving away The Tamriel Collection – an assortment of new, three-attribute cards and more – to all players for free upon their next login. We are immensely grateful to work on The Elder Scrolls: Legends , to have you as a community, and we sincerely appreciate the love and support you’ve given us.

Bummer. Legends was really great. I wonder is MtG: Arena had a big impact…

Even Hearthstone isn’t doing great these days. Consumers are fickle, very few games are infinitely extensible sandboxes like Minecraft and thus evergreen. All things must pass.

I’m hoping Riots can get some traction and stay accessible to f2p