Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

Apparently Serenity only runs on Skyrim SE and I’m still using the plebian original version? Sad.

You might own a copy, I believe it was given to owners of the original on steam. I didn’t buy it but had a copy in my library after it came out.

If you owned all the original DLC, SE appeared in your library when it came out. Otherwise it’s a purchase.

Thanks, both of you. I only have the base game and no free SE. I’ll wait for the next steam sale and grab it.

If you wait until November you can get the new anniversary edition.

Pilgrims. I started as a Dunmer assassin of the Black Hand. A job led to me to Windhelm, where I saw the suffering of my people firsthand. I took up religion, and decided to travel to the holy shrine. I met this companion, a Daedric Monk, who shared his wisdom. Soon after this, we began a quest to recover Azura’s artifact.

A proud day. This is Gazrith, Dunmer assassin of the Dark Brotherhood, disguised as a Thalmor. He had to step aside from his quest for Azura. A coven of necro mages guarded his target, they were too strong, and his Khajiit companion the Daedric Monk was lost. Gazrith is recovering by taking jobs to kill the foes of the Jarl of Falkreath. This picture was taken right after he killed three bandits for the Jarl. The first bandit he froze with his Ice Wind. The second bandit he danced with, biding his time until the two-handed warrior swung too widely, then Gazrith darted in and killed him with his ebony dagger. The final Nord woman, an archer, was hiding and firing from cover but she let Gazrith get too close - a blast of ice to slow her, then two slices from the dagger and it was over. This tower, and its meager loot, is claimed. The Jarl will pay handsomely for this. Soon Gazrith will be strong enough to set out again on the quest for his mistress Azura. He has died 6 times - he has 3 lives left before he will perish forever [from Ashes, a non-Serenity mod]].

So sadly I uninstalled it all this morning. Was just too tough for me, and I don’t have the patience for eighty deaths in ten minutes anymore.

I keep avoiding a reinstall of Skyrim because I am severely VRAM limited and almost every modpack assumes infinite VRAM to add 4k pore and whisker textures. But holy cow if True Directional Movement doesn’t give me pause…

EDIT: I found QWEST. Includes Legacy of the Dragonborn, the survival stuff is optional, doesn’t have Requiem style difficulty, can run on a potato. I’m in danger.

You should try out Elysium instead, or Living Skyrim - both on Wabbajack. they aren’t the same sort of (in my opnion) silly hardcore experiences, but rather expansive, vast experiencs that enhances gameplay, with a slight addition to difficulty, which is easily fixed by toggling difficulty down from Master to next level.

Elysium is completely preconfigured, even with ENB and all, so everything is setup for you when you begin.

OH, and Elysium is made for all the Creation Club material as well, but its not neccesary, and I don’t play with it.

I think Skyrim’s mod scene has pushed it to the point where it may achieve sentience any day.

For about 5 years every time I’ve looked at it I just back out of the thread, scared.

Oh no! My fault. And Requiem’s fault. I totally understand.

If you want to fall forward then try a non-Requiem modpack. The others suggested some. I suggest:

Living Skyrim

The Phoenix Flavour

Keizaal

Those are in order of popularity, so Living Skyrim is most popular (10k people on its Discord).

If you were curious enough to try Serenity, then those may be worth a try. They are normal Skyrim with some mods to make it look nice and to play a little more modern. They do not add difficultly. They are not Requiem.

Is there any mod pack that gives some version of Enairim (I think I’ve mangled that badly but I’m not willing to log into Nexus to find the modder’s name),

Good point. Any guesses as to whether existing mods will work with this AE? I’m envisioning several months of tinkering on the modders part.

It should be the same .exe as the special edition. It’s just the SE with old paid mods included as content. Worst case is everyone would have to wait for the script extender guys to compile a new one, they usually do it in a day.

This one lets you choose between Enairim and Simonrim. This pack plus True DIrectional Movement is really calling - might wait on their 4.0 update though.

Did Bethesda really remove Steam workshop from Skyrim (and FO4)? I love that integration and now it’s all done through their own site?

The old version of Skyrim still has it. SE and FO4 doesn’t.

Have you used the Bethesda version for SE and FO4 (IE does it work as smoothly as the Workshop)? I’ve been replaying New Vegas & mod tools are nice but it’s still somewhat painful. Thanks.

As one of SKSE’s developers explains, “Bethesda has decided to update the compiler used to build the 64-bit version of Skyrim from Visual Studio 2015 to Visual Studio 2019. This changes the way that the code is generated in a way that forces mod developers to start from scratch finding functions and writing hooks.”

While SKSE gets updated shortly after Skyrim does each time, other plugins aren’t as well-supported. “I can probably sit there over a few nights and bang out an updated version of SKSE,” the SKSE developer writes, “but my main concern is for the rest of the plugins out there. The plugin ecosystem has been around long enough that people have moved on, and code is left unmaintained. Effectively everyone who has written a native code plugin will need to do at least some amount of work to support AE. This realistically means that the native code mod scene is going to be broken for an unknown length of time after AE’s release.”