Eldritch Horror play by forum

1. Move to space 17, use my train ticket to move to Istanbul.
  2. Use my ability to move along the train path to Rome.
  3. Take my extra action to gain a focus.

@Brooski

@Brooski is Delayed and does not get to act this action phase. I’ll unfortunately be out until fairly late tonight but I will get the Encounter Phase up by tomorrow at the latest.

So for Sefina’s casting of Call the Storm, here is the reverse side of the card:

Call the Storm (Reverse)
0 successes: The clouds drift away to the east and the storm is no longer yours to command. If you rolled any 1s, discard this card.
1 success: A terrible face appears in the clouds, revealing some nightmare far worse than this storm. Lose 1 Sanity.
2+ successes: The winds and rain dance to a roaring tune of your own invention. No additional effect.

Unfortunately since your reroll was a 1, you would need to discard the card. Do you want to spend your last Focus to reroll it again, @ironwulf? Also, which encounter would you like to have in Tokyo: Leng Spider (you would be forced to have this encounter if you didn’t have Shroud of Shadows), the Gate, or a Tokyo encounter?

I’ll spend my last Focus, as long as you don’t mind doing the re-roll.
I will take the Gate encounter

Ok, new roll is a 4, so you still have the spell at least.

@triggercut, Gate Encounter or London Encounter (or Mystery Encounter but you don’t have two Clues so this would be a waste). Also you spawned a clue on space 18 by resting.

Let’s see if fortune favors the bold.

Gate encounter. Let’s see if I survive it. Well, at least let’s see if Ms/Dr Fern survives it.

Encounter%20Phase

Sefina Rousseau
Other World Encounter

Unfortunately, you spent your last Focus, so…

Will is 4 -1 for test. 3 die test. 6, 5, 3

Gate closed!

Carolyn Fern
Other World Encounter

Will is 5. 5 die test. 6, 4, 2, 1, 1

Observation is 2. 2 die test. 5, 5

Gate closed!

Ashcan Pete
Rome Encounter (City)

Lore is 3. 3 die test. 5, 5, 1

Will improved.

Agnes Baker
Goat Spawn Encounter:
Horror: Will. Will is 2. 2 die test, blessed. 4, 2. No Sanity damage.
Combat: Str -2. Strength is 3 + 2 from Monster Hunter -2 from test. 3 die test, blessed. 4, 4, 1
Goat Spawn takes 2 damage, Agnes takes none. Goat spawn defeated and placed on Personal Story.
Ordinarily you would now have the option to take a Dark Pact to destroy a monster on the board, but you already have a Dark Pact and cannot take another, which is a precondition to getting the second part of the effect.

Lloigor Encounter
Horror: Will. Will is 2. 2 die test, blessed. 5, 1 Profane Tome reroll 6 No sanity loss.
Combat: Str -2. 3 die test, blessed. *4, 2, 1 1 damage dealt to Lloigor, 2 to Agnes.

I completely forgot Guts on both Will checks but it turns out it wasn’t needed. And since it has a downside it’s just as well.

Mythos%20Phase

Spawn Clues
Clue spawns on Space 14.
Clue spawns on Space 4.

Resolve Effect

Rumor.
When an investigator on Space 19 defeats a Monster, he may spend 1 Clue to place that Monster on this card. When the total Toughness of Monsters on this card is equal to or greater than 4, solve this Rumor.

Reckoning: Spawn 1 Monster on Space 19. Then if there are 4 or more Monsters on Space 19, advance Doom to 0 and solve this Rumor.

Well, that was a remarkably lucky turn, as potentially doom-intensive as this rumor is. No Reckoning, no Omen advancement. This is literally the only Mythos card that doesn’t actively push you closer to destruction (this turn) left in the deck.

Game State End of Turn 8

Gates:
Green: Tunguska
Blue: Antarctica
Red: The Himalayas, Hyperborea (Space 13), Sydney, Shanghai

Monsters:
Dunwich Horror (Arkham): Toughness 8. Horror check = Will -1; damage 3. Combat check = Str -2; damage 3.
Reckoning: Roll 1 die. If the result is less than or equal to 4 (number of investigators), spawn 1 Gate.
Cthonian (Heart of Africa): Toughness 4. Horror: Will -1. Dam 2. Combat: Str -2. Dam 3.
When this Monster is spawned, move it to the Heart of Africa.
Young Cthonian (Heart of Africa): Toughness 3. Horror: Will -1. 2 dam. Combat: Str -1. 2 dam.
When this Monster is spawned, each investigator on this space or an adjacent space loses 1 Health and 1 Sanity.
Honored Dead (The Pyramids): Toughness 3. Horror: Will. Dam 2. Combat: Str -1. Dam 3.
When this Monster spawns, move it to the Pyramids.
Reckoning: Roll 1 die. On a 1 or 2, the nearest investigator gains a Cursed Condition.
Leng Spider (Tokyo): Toughness 3. Horror: Will. Dam 2. Combat: Str -1. Dam 2.
If you fail the Will test, do not resolve the Strength test and you do not resolve any other encounters this turn.
Riot (Tunguska): Toughness 3. Horror: None. Combat: Strength -3. 3 dam.
Before resolving the Strength test, you may attempt to disperse the mob. Test Influence -1. If you succeed, defeat this Monster.
Leng Spider (Tunguska): Toughness 3. Horror: Will. Dam 2. Combat: Str -1. Dam 2.
If you fail the Will test, do not resolve the Strength test and you do not resolve any other encounters this turn.
Byakhee (Antarctica). Toughness 2. Horror: Will. Dam 1. Combat: Str. Dam 2.
If you defeat this monster during a Combat Encounter, you may lose 1 Sanity and move 3 spaces instead of resolving another encounter.
Ghoul Priest (space 7): Toughness 2. Horror: Will. Dam 1. Combat: Str. Dam 2.
If you lose Health from the Strength test, gain a Paranoia condition. Reckoning: Resolve the Reckoning effect of the Cultist monster on the Ancient One sheet.
Lloigor (Shanghai). Toughness 4 (3 Health remaining). Horror: Will. Dam 2. Combat: Str -2. Dam 3.
Reckoning: Each Investigator on this space or an adjacent space loses 1 Health and 1 Sanity.
Dark Young (Space 13): Toughness 5. Horror: Will -1. Dam 3. Combat: Str -3. Dam 3.
Reckoning: Roll 1 die. On a 1 or 2, advance Doom by 1.
Dimensional Shambler (Space 20): Toughness 2. Horror: Will -1. Dam 2. Combat: Obs -1. Dam 0.
If you fail the Observation check, gain a Lost in Time and Space Condition.

Mythos Cards (Ongoing/Rumor):
Return of the Ancient Ones:

When an investigator on Space 19 defeats a Monster, he may spend 1 Clue to place that Monster on this card. When the total Toughness of Monsters on this card is equal to or greater than 4, solve this Rumor.
Reckoning: Spawn 1 Monster on Space 19. Then if there are 4 or more Monsters on Space 19, advance Doom to 0 and solve this Rumor.

Doom: 4
Omen: Red
Active Mystery:
Second%20Mystery

Investigators: Eldritch Horror Character Tracking - Google Docs
(Should be up to date as of this post, let me know if not.)

Asset Reserve:
[3] Silver Twilight Ritual (Asset) - Service: When you gain this card, immediately retreat Doom by 1. Then discard this card.
[3] Occult Scripture (Asset) - Item - Tome. When you gain this card from the deck or the reserve, gain 2 Clues. Whenever you gain a Clue during a Research Encounter, spawn 1 Clue.
[3] Enchanted Jewelry (Asset) - Item - Magical Relic: If you would lose Sanity, you may spend 1 Focus to prevent the loss of up to 2 sanity.
[1] Bandages (Asset) - Item: You may discard this card to prevent an investigator on your space from losing up to 2 Health.

Action%20Phase
@triggercut, you are Lead Investigator.

At the end of the previous Mythos phase, my “Tempted By Darkness” unique asset should have gained another Eldritch token, correct? I believe it has two or three now?

You gain the Eldritch tokens, not the asset. but yes, you should be up to two unless you would like to lose 2 health and sanity to flip.

Hmm. Doom is at 4. I’ll wait it out one last time.

Actions:

1. Rest
  2. Acquire Assets

@charmtrap you’re up.

Could you please do the Acquire Assets roll (with something like Orokos) and let me know what if anything you’re buying? I’ll probably have to duck in and update the asset reserve anyway, but it’d save a little time confirming purchases.

Sure.

Carolyn rolls 4, 5, 6 (on 3 influence) on her acquire assets roll, good for 2 successes. https://orokos.com/roll/628160

2 successes only really helps if I want to take a loan…and I don’t, what with reckonings about to fly. Instead, I’ll take the bandages asset, which is useful to me anyway.

Rest spawns a Clue in Tokyo.
Bandages acquired. New asset in reserve is:
[1] Ritual Candles (Asset) - Trinket. You may discard this card to gain +5 Lore when resolving a Spell effect. Action: You may discard this card to gain 1 Spell.
This is super abusable for the character who can just routinely grab Trinkets out of the trash, and slightly less abusable (because an Acquire Assets action is required) but still quite abusable for Ashcan Pete.

1. Move To London
  2. Gain a focus

I’ll be taking the mystery encounter this turn.

@Brooski

Where am I located? Shanghai?

Yes indeed.

1. Move to Space 17
  2. REST

@ironwulf