Eldritch Horror play by forum

1. Obtain Focus token
  2. Move to Shanghai

@triggercut, London Encounter, Research Encounter, Mystery Encounter? (The last one would still be a waste.)
@ironwulf, Other World Encounter or Shanghai Encounter (or fight the Lloigor, which would probably be suicidal)?

Other World encounter plase

Research Encounter please.

Encounter%20Phase

Carolyn Fern
Research Encounter (City)

Observation is 2. 2 die test. 5, 3

Clue gained.

Ashcan Pete
Mystery Special Encounter:
Ambushed by Goat Spawn
Horror: Will. Will is 4. 4 die test. 3, 2, 1, 1 Mind’s Eye reroll 5 No sanity loss.
Combat: Str -2. Str is 3, +2 for Blunderbuss, -2 for test. 3 die test. Activating Practiced for extra die and reroll 5, 3, 1, 1 activating Sweet Dreams reroll 6, 6, 4, 4 4 damage dealt to Goat Spawn, 0 taken.
Goat Spawn defeated.
Assuming you want to spend the 2 clues to progress the mystery. Can’t do the Dark Pact, alas.
1 of 2 Eldritch tokens placed on Mystery.

Agnes Baker
City Encounter

Influence is 3. 3 die test, blessed. 4, 3, 1

Task gained.
Courier Run (Unique Asset) - Task. When you gain this card from the deck, place a random Clue token corresponding to a City space face up on this card. After resolving a location encounter on that space, flip this card. (Space 15)

Sefina Rousseau
Other World Encounter

Influence is 2 -1 for test. 1 die test. 3 spending free Focus 4 Failure.
@ironwulf, reroll with last Focus or your Clue?

Pending:
@ironwulf’s decision on spending resources to reroll.

OMG a slave ship!

Sure, try Focus and then Clue if needed.

Sefina Rousseau (continued)
spending Focus 4 spending Clue 2
Failure. 2 Sanity lost, Amnesia gained but already present, new Amnesia discarded.

Mythos%20Phase

Advance Omen
Omen moves to Left Blue.
1 Blue Gate.
Doom advances to 3

Monster Surge
2 Monsters spawn from each Blue Gate.
Cultist spawns in Antarctica.
Werewolf spawns in Antarctica.

Spawn Clues
Clue spawns in Antarctica
Clue spawns at space 2.

Resolve Effect

Ongoing - After an investigator performs an Acquire Assets action, he acquires a Cursed Condition unless he spends 2 Clues. Then discard this card.

Game State End of Turn 9

Gates:
Green: Tunguska
Blue: Antarctica
Red: The Himalayas, Hyperborea (Space 13), Sydney, Shanghai

Monsters:
Dunwich Horror (Arkham): Toughness 8. Horror check = Will -1; damage 3. Combat check = Str -2; damage 3.
Reckoning: Roll 1 die. If the result is less than or equal to 4 (number of investigators), spawn 1 Gate.
Cthonian (Heart of Africa): Toughness 4. Horror: Will -1. Dam 2. Combat: Str -2. Dam 3.
When this Monster is spawned, move it to the Heart of Africa.
Young Cthonian (Heart of Africa): Toughness 3. Horror: Will -1. 2 dam. Combat: Str -1. 2 dam.
When this Monster is spawned, each investigator on this space or an adjacent space loses 1 Health and 1 Sanity.
Honored Dead (The Pyramids): Toughness 3. Horror: Will. Dam 2. Combat: Str -1. Dam 3.
When this Monster spawns, move it to the Pyramids.
Reckoning: Roll 1 die. On a 1 or 2, the nearest investigator gains a Cursed Condition.
Leng Spider (Tokyo): Toughness 3. Horror: Will. Dam 2. Combat: Str -1. Dam 2.
If you fail the Will test, do not resolve the Strength test and you do not resolve any other encounters this turn.
Riot (Tunguska): Toughness 3. Horror: None. Combat: Strength -3. 3 dam.
Before resolving the Strength test, you may attempt to disperse the mob. Test Influence -1. If you succeed, defeat this Monster.
Leng Spider (Tunguska): Toughness 3. Horror: Will. Dam 2. Combat: Str -1. Dam 2.
If you fail the Will test, do not resolve the Strength test and you do not resolve any other encounters this turn.
Byakhee (Antarctica). Toughness 2. Horror: Will. Dam 1. Combat: Str. Dam 2.
If you defeat this monster during a Combat Encounter, you may lose 1 Sanity and move 3 spaces instead of resolving another encounter.
Ghoul Priest (space 7): Toughness 2. Horror: Will. Dam 1. Combat: Str. Dam 2.
If you lose Health from the Strength test, gain a Paranoia condition. Reckoning: Resolve the Reckoning effect of the Cultist monster on the Ancient One sheet.
Lloigor (Shanghai). Toughness 4 (3 Health remaining). Horror: Will. Dam 2. Combat: Str -2. Dam 3.
Reckoning: Each Investigator on this space or an adjacent space loses 1 Health and 1 Sanity.
Dark Young (Space 13): Toughness 5. Horror: Will -1. Dam 3. Combat: Str -3. Dam 3.
Reckoning: Roll 1 die. On a 1 or 2, advance Doom by 1.
Dimensional Shambler (Space 20): Toughness 2. Horror: Will -1. Dam 2. Combat: Obs -1. Dam 0.
If you fail the Observation check, gain a Lost in Time and Space Condition.
Cultist (Antarctica): Toughness 1. Horror: None. Combat: Str -1. Dam 1.
Reckoning: Spawn 1 Goat Spawn Monster or 1 Dark Young Monster on this space. Then, if you spawned a Monster, discard this Cultist.
Werewolf (Antarctica): Toughness 2. Horror check = Will; damage 1. Combat check = Str; damage 2.
Physical Resistance (you can’t apply dice bonuses except from Magical possessions and Spells)
Reckoning: Move this monster one space towards the nearest investigator. Then each investigator on this space loses 1 Health.

Mythos Cards (Ongoing/Rumor):
Return of the Ancient Ones:

When an investigator on Space 19 defeats a Monster, he may spend 1 Clue to place that Monster on this card. When the total Toughness of Monsters on this card is equal to or greater than 4, solve this Rumor.
Reckoning: Spawn 1 Monster on Space 19. Then if there are 4 or more Monsters on Space 19, advance Doom to 0 and solve this Rumor.

Accursed Fortune

Ongoing - After an investigator performs an Acquire Assets action, he acquires a Cursed Condition unless he spends 2 Clues. Then discard this card.

Doom: 3
Omen: Left Blue
Active Mystery:
Second%20Mystery
(1 Eldritch token)

Investigators: Eldritch Horror Character Tracking - Google Docs
(Should be up to date as of this post, let me know if not.)

Asset Reserve:
[3] Silver Twilight Ritual (Asset) - Service: When you gain this card, immediately retreat Doom by 1. Then discard this card.
[3] Occult Scripture (Asset) - Item - Tome. When you gain this card from the deck or the reserve, gain 2 Clues. Whenever you gain a Clue during a Research Encounter, spawn 1 Clue.
[3] Enchanted Jewelry (Asset) - Item - Magical Relic: If you would lose Sanity, you may spend 1 Focus to prevent the loss of up to 2 sanity.
[1] Ritual Candles (Asset) - Trinket. You may discard this card to gain +5 Lore when resolving a Spell effect. Action: You may discard this card to gain 1 Spell.

Action%20Phase

@charmtrap you are Lead Investigator.

PS: I would recommend Ashcan Rest, because in addition to restoring lost Health and Sanity it will I am pretty sure complete Carolyn’s Personal Story.

1. Move to Rome
  2. Use action to move to space 14
  3. Extra action to Rest.

Going for that clue.

You would need to rest while still in the same space as Carolyn for it to count.

Well, I’d love to help, but I kind of think we need to get a move on, and I can get to that other gate next turn this way.

@brooski you are next up.

Still waiting on you, @Brooski

Sorry, will have a turn in a bit.

1. Take train ticket
  2. Travel to Pyramids
  1. Move to Himalayas
  2. Rest

Roll for my 2 conditions:
Paranoia 2 http://orokos.com/roll/630488
Amnesia 1 http://orokos.com/roll/630489

For encounter phase I’ll do Other World

1. Acquire train ticket, and then discard it to flip corruption condition.

2. If that does not consume both actions, I’ll move to Rome. I can’t fight a goat spawn by myself.