Eldritch Horror play by forum

This isn’t legal. You’re currently on the Pyramids. To get to Shanghai, your shortest path would be Istanbul, space 17 (space 11 is a sea space off the coast of Africa), then Shanghai, which is a three space move that would require a Travel action with 2 Rail Tickets. You only have one Rail Ticket and you can only Prepare for Travel for a second ticket in cities, which the Pyramids are not. You are not allowed to Travel twice, so the best you would be able to do is move to space 17, expending one Rail Ticket, and then take a second action, perhaps Preparing for Travel or Focusing or better yet, Resting.

Go to 17 and Rest

I did not mean 11, I meant 17. But yes, I couldn’t Travel twice.

Not many places to go from the Himalayas
I’ll mirror @Brooski and go to space 17 and rest

Paranoia (Condition) 5 http://orokos.com/roll/631653
Amnesia (Condition) 5 http://orokos.com/roll/631654
Wow…finally!

@triggercut

My bad, forgot to put my turn in.

1. I’ll rest in London, first action
  2. Travel to Arkham, use ship ticket to continue travel to space 9 with the clue in Greenland.

Welp, there goes Tunguska. Seems a little unlikely with all those monsters.

I guess I’ll rest and then gather focus and try again for the clue (for the record, I really hate those no-clue research encounters…we house ruled that you always get the clue if you pass because fuck that shit).

I considered that because it just seems really unfair. If everyone else is OK with it I would be happy to retroactively award you the clue.

I have no problem with it.
We’re in dire enough straits as is…

Tunguska isn’t space 19, right?

Tunguska is Tunguska.

Named spaces don’t have numbers and vice versa. (Except for the gates on numbered spaces that Masks apparently introduces, which name only appears on the gate.)

Apologies for the delay, folks, btw. I’m starting to get a little burned out on adminning this but we are close to the finish line, I think, so I will soldier on. Encounter Phase tonight unless disaster strikes.

@charmtrap, I’m going to go ahead and award that clue - want to change your action phase?
@brooski, @ironwulf, are you both interested in trying for the Research Encounter?

@malkav11 oh sorry, yeah…instead I’ll use my action to move to space 16, take my extra turn gaining a train ticket, then move to space 17 using up the ticket to go after that other clue.

The space where Brooski and ironwulf are already potentially competing for the same clue?

Yuck. OK.

USe action to go to Rome, get a ship ticket and go up north to try and kill that Dark Young/close the gate on whatever number that space is.

Hmm, how about this…instead of moving to space 17 after my rest action, just make my second action to gain a Focus. That way @Brooski can do the Research Encounter.

Sounds good @ironwulf I will science the heck out of it!

Encounter%20Phase

Agnes Baker
Research Encounter (City)

Influence is 2 -1 for test. 1 die test, blessed. 4
Clue gained. Eldritch token added to Know Thy Enemy (forgot to do this last time, but fixed now. Up to 5 tokens. @Brooski, do you want to flip the task?)

Sefina Rousseau
Wilderness Encounter

Influence is 2. 2 die test. 5, 1

Professor Rice (Unique Asset) - Ally - Character. When you gain this card from the deck, gain 1 Relic Unique Asset. After resolving an Expedition Encounter or Mystic Ruins Encounter, gain 1 Clue.
I had to discard two Characters whose active ability was to give you a bonus on a sideboard we’re not using. One, the newer one, was just massively better than the other but otherwise identical except for the sideboard in question. Power creep, it is a thing.
Cursed Tablet (Unique Asset) - Item - Magical Relic. When you gain this card, improve one skill of your choice. Action: You invoke the tablet’s power, but at what cost? Flip this card.
@ironwulf, which skill would you like to improve?

Carolyn Fern
Research Encounter (Wilderness)

Observation is 2. 2 die test. 6, 2

No, you don’t get the Clue, but since you do get -some- benefit I’m letting this one stand. @triggercut, which monster loses 2 health?

Ashcan Pete
Dark Young
Horror: Will -1. Will is 4 - 1 for test. 3 die test. 5, 5, 2 Mind’s Eye reroll 3. Duke reroll. 2 1 Sanity loss.
Combat: Str -3. Str is 3 + 2 for Blunderbuss -3 for test. Activating Practiced. 3 die test. 6, 4, 3 Bullwhip reroll 1 Practiced reroll 3. 2 successes (6 on a Blunderbuss check). 2 damage to Dark Young, 1 Health damage taken.
Do you want to use Focus, Clues, Corruption, or your complete reroll? If not, you are taking 2 total damage so your protective totem can either stop the health or the sanity loss, your choice, @charmtrap.

Pending:
@brooski’s decision on whether to flip Know Thy Enemy.
@ironwulf’s decision on which skill to improve.
@triggercut’s choice on which monster to harm.
@charmtrap’s decision(s) about rerolls and/or damage cancelling.

You can use both of my focus and the Corruption to re-roll. Then use the Totem to prevent the sanity loss.

Ideas on a monster to knock two health from?

Well, if you go before me, knock down the Dark Young. One more success and that fucker is dead, and maybe I can close the gate.