Eldritch Horror play by forum

Yeah, you are currently last in turn order.

Flip that task!

I’ll improve Lore

Great, let’s put the two wounds onto the dark young.

I’m looking forward to seeing what happens during the Mythos phase, they are into the third tier which is 4 reckonings and 2 monster surges. Lot of Dark Pacts out there…

Agnes Baker (continued)

Know Thy Enemy (reverse side)
The knowledge you have gathered will be irreplaceable in the final battle for the world. Resolve each (emphasis mine) effect that applies based on the number of Eldritch tokens on this card.
1+ - You and another Investigator on any space may discard 1 Condition. Dark pacts!
3+ - You and another Investigator on any space gain 1 Boon Condition.
5+ - You and another Investigator on any space each gain a Blessed Condition.
Then discard this card.

You get all of these. @brooski, who do you pick for each effect, and which condition do you discard for the first one? (Dark Pact!) This is potentially extremely impactful to charmtrap’s fight and possible Gate encounter, so I’ll pause here again. Note that Blessed is one type of Boon. Also, if you are already Blessed and get it again, the Blessed condition flips instead. I’ve never seen this happen but it’s probably real good. Finally, triggercut and charmtrap both have Corruption, which is dispelled instead of receiving a Boon if one is applied.

Hey all, I don’t have time right now to look at the board position and parse this (and likely won’t until late tomorrow afternoon) but I am open to y’all’s suggestions in the meantime. Let’s see how we can maximize this.

So I’m thinking @charmtrap should get Blessed for the Gate Encounter (better chance of success) and @triggercut should lose his Dark Pact, and that leaves a Boon for @ironwulf - but that leaves both Corruptions in place. @ironwulf, what do you think? Better to get a Boob or remove a Corruption?

It would not leave both Corruptions in place, because giving charmtrap Blessed without first removing (or cancelling with the other Boon) the Corruption would lead to him losing both Corruption and Blessed.

Right! Sry. I am doing this in my head. Maybe I need a pencil.

I think it would be better for me not to have a Boob and remove the Corruption.

Huh? Oh fer Pete’s sake what a typo!

LOL, thought it was too good not to repeat!

Ok, I will be home in an hour or so and sort out all the boobs.

Ok @malkav11

1. I lose my Dark Pact. @triggercut loses his Dark Pact.

2. I gain a Boon. @charmtrap gains a Boon, which cancels his Corruption.

3. I gain a Blessing, which flips my existing one and takes us into unknown territory. @charmtrap also gains Blessing.

Cool and excellent.

Jeesh, that’s a helluva card.

Can you tell us what the the damage from the dark pacts would have been?

You’re not supposed to flip cards that exit play, so no. (In theory if you’ve played enough that gives you more info about what the flip side of other copies of that card still in play might be. Granted, I doubt anyone currently playing knows these things that well, but still.)

I can tell you that one possible Dark Pact result is your character just immediately being devoured, though!

Agnes Baker (continued)
Agnes loses Dark Pact. Carolyn loses Dark Pact.
Agnes gains:
Living Link (Condition) - Boon. Gain +1 to all skills. If you would receive a Bane Condition you may discard this card instead. Reckoning: Your destiny awaits. Flip this card.
Ashcan Pete would gain Blessed but discards Corruption instead.
Agnes Baker would gain Blessed but already has it. Flips instead.

Blessed (Reverse Side)
Blessing of Nodens
The Great Lord of the Abyss and his loyal nightgaunts are hunting the ancient one’s servants. Mighty Nodens looks upon you with favor. You may discard one Monster of your choice. Then flip this card.

@brooski, which Monster would you like to discard? (Note that the Dunwich Horror cannot be discarded, and this won’t count for your Personal Story.)

Ashcan Pete gains Blessed.

Ashcan Pete (continued)
assuming that the Dark Young that’s about to die won’t be the target of the Blessing. Also retroactively counting that 4 on the Combat check as a success since you would have been blessed at the time.
3 successes on Combat check - 3 damage to Dark Young, killing it. No Health damage taken. (So the Sanity loss is not preventable, alas.)

Other World Encounter

Will is 4 -1 for test, +1 for Clue. 4 die test, blessed. 3, 2, 1, 1 rerolling with Sweet Dreams 'cause fuck. 5, 5, 4, 2. much better

Strength is 3. 3 die test, blessed. 5, 5, 5
Gate closed.

Pending:
@brooski’s decision on dead monster.

(I won’t get to Mythos tonight - got some other stuff to get done. Hopefully when I get home tomorrow though.)