Election humor

Sent to me by a relative in Pennsylvania. I guess we know how he voted:

One sunny day in 2005 an old man approached the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue, where he’d been sitting on a park bench. He spoke to the U.S. Marine standing guard and said “I would like to go in and meet with President Kerry.” The Marine looked at the man and said “Sir, Mr. Kerry was not elected president.” The old man said “Okay” and walked away.

The following day, the same man approached the White House and said to the same Marine “I would like to go in and meet with President Kerry.”
The Marine again told the man “Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Kerry was not elected President and does not reside here.” The man thanked him and, again, just walked away.

The third day, the same man approached the White House and spoke to the very same U. S. Marine, saying “I would like to go in and meet with President Kerry.” The Marine, understandably agitated at this point, looked at the man and said, “Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to speak to Mr. Kerry. I’ve told you already that Mr. Kerry was not elected President and does not reside here. Don’t you understand?”

The old man looked at the Marine and said, “Oh, I understand. I just love hearing it.”

The Marine snapped to attention, saluted and said “See you tomorrow, sir.”

The title of this thread is misleading.

No it isn’t. It was funny.

Let’s see if this’ll make Angie laugh…

One sunny day in 2009 an old man approached the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue, where he’d been sitting on a park bench. He spoke to the U.S. Marine standing guard and said “I would like to go in and meet with President Bush.” The Marine looked at the man and said “Sir, Mr. Bush is no longer the President.” The old man said “Okay” and walked away.

The following day, the same man approached the White House and said to the same Marine “I would like to go in and meet with President Bush.” The Marine again told the man “Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Bush is no longer the President and does not reside here.” The man thanked him and, again, just walked away.

The third day, the same man approached the White House and spoke to the very same U. S. Marine, saying “I would like to go in and meet with President Bush.” The Marine, understandably agitated at this point, looked at the man and said, “Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to speak to Mr. Bush. I’ve told you already that Mr. Bush is no longer the President and does not reside here. Don’t you understand?”

The old man looked at the Marine and said, “Oh, I understand. I just love hearing it.”

The Marine snapped to attention, saluted and said “See you tomorrow, sir.”

See, doesn’t that make you smile, Angie?

Both variations are retarded.

Both variations are retarded.

I would have to be in complete agreement.

I get it! Unfunny jokes become funny when they mock your opponent!

And here I thought maybe they should start with a funny joke… oh of course not.

Chet

Come on, Chet, are you really saying that the words, “Mr. Bush is no longer the President” wouldn’t bring a smile to your face?

It is decided. Both versions are terribly unfunny.

Both versions? That joke’s at least as old as xeroxlore, certainly older than email forwards, and there’s hundreds of politicians as the target on a local, state and federal level to choose from.

Surely ONE of them has to be funny for you? ;)

Email forwards: Proving Sturgeon’s Law every day of the week.

Some dumbass forwarded me the second variation of this joke with Clinton as the ex-president a while ago. It hasn’t got funnier since then.

No. Sorry I am not a drooling idiot, but hey if it works for you…

Also, I’m pretty sure if you just roll up to the White House and ask to speak to the President they put you in double secret no grand jury prison for the better part of your life.

No. Sorry I am not a drooling idiot, but hey if it works for you…[/quote]

Jesus, dude, you are tightly wound. Not even a smile? Drooling idiot? Take a vacation. :roll:

Wow, you have a bad sense of humor. And your posting history here shows that to be true.

But is this how it is under the new republicans? We are forced to laugh at bad jokes? It isn’t funny SK. End of story. Nothing funny about the joke anyway it goes. And I am not some drooling idiot that has to see the words “George Bush isn’t the president”. I know you are an idiot, but this is pushing that idiocy even for you.

Here let me make a joke for you using your style of humor.

“Bill clinton is not the president”

When you get back control of yourself from pissing yourself with laughter, maybe you can explain the new forced humor rules to me.

Chet

:roll:

Q: Since the election, what do George W Bush and ex-New Jersey governor McGreevey have in common?

A: They both have mandates.

Now that is election humor!

I lolled.

I didn’t laugh, mostly because the joke, like Jeremy says, has been doing the rounds for a very long time with different names used.